Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Oakley lens color?

38SuperDub

currently using a VR28 in my Mframe; good all purpose lens with iron sights/open gun dot sights/jogging/checking out bikinis at the beach etc. looking to pick up a Blue Iridium lens for my new Radar glasses. got to try that lens briefly and it seemed to give real good contrast with the cardboard targets but I didnt get any trigger time with them on. the orange Persimmon is a little too bright. the darker Oakley lenses worked OK depending on the light conditions, but the best contrast so far seemed to come from the VR28.

Unless it's really bright out I use the VR28. I like the Persimmon for over cast and rainy times. Sometimes, on really bright days I will wear the Black Aridiums around the range and switch to the VR28's when it's my turn to shoot.

The VR28's really make the targets stand out against the dirt and sandy berms. Just ask Carina what a differance my VR28's made for her at the nationals in Vegas this year. She said she was having a hard time seeing the targets well against the sandy berms. I loaned her my VR28's for the last 2 days of the match.

I have the Persimmon, VR28, and Black Aridium setups in M frame and Half jacket frames and really like them.

I am an Oakley fan. I tried the Rudy's and didn't like them at all.

Use Persimmon mostly due to its contrast characteristic. Also have clear and black iridium, which offers plenty of sun protection but does not yield much color-contrast benefit. Waiting to try the VR50 photochromic when it becomes available. Oakleys are the most comfortable sun glasses for my big melon.

Edited by justaute

I hope Brandon does not mind me adding to his thread,

But on a side note when answering about color, which Oaks do you guys prefer for shooting? Radars, or M frames??

I am slightly red/green colorblind, so lens color is pretty important to me. When I was shooting shotguns a purple lens helped the clays stand out against a tree/sky background, but I have not settled on a color for pistol shooting yet.

Unless it's really bright out I use the VR28. I like the Persimmon for over cast and rainy times. Sometimes, on really bright days I will wear the Black Aridiums around the range and switch to the VR28's when it's my turn to shoot.

I did basically the exact same thing when I was using Oakleys, except I just used VR28s in very bright conditions, too :) Persimmon was great in really low light, overcast, rain, etc. I also had a clear lens for indoors and really dark conditions.

I am an Oakley fan. I tried the Rudy's and didn't like them at all.

I have to tell you, I switched over to Rudy Karbon Eyes - lighter and more comfortable than M-frames, and less interference from the frame in the field of view than an M-frame... But - everyone's head is built differently, and what works for one won't necessarily work for another... And the Karbon Eyes are a little on the pricey side, too, but they're super nice. The Photochromic Red is in that same family as VR28, and always seems to be the right shade for the conditions - I don't need the persimmon lens anymore, cause these will lighten up enough until it's really too dark to shoot...

Radar Path

I hope Brandon does not mind me adding to his thread,

But on a side note when answering about color, which Oaks do you guys prefer for shooting? Radars, or M frames??

I am slightly red/green colorblind, so lens color is pretty important to me. When I was shooting shotguns a purple lens helped the clays stand out against a tree/sky background, but I have not settled on a color for pistol shooting yet.

Here is my Boggest problem with Rudy's and why I'm going towards Oakleys

I can't try Rudy's on first. I have a slim style face/head and I have to try on glasses before I buy. Rudy's are just pick one and hope they fit. There is no where local to try the different ones on. And I'm not going to spend $200 and hope something fits. Oakleys are ANSI z87.1 so that's good enough for me

You have a slim-head? Who would've thunk it? :roflol::sight:

Here is my Boggest problem with Rudy's and why I'm going towards Oakleys

I can't try Rudy's on first. I have a slim style face/head and I have to try on glasses before I buy. Rudy's are just pick one and hope they fit. There is no where local to try the different ones on. And I'm not going to spend $200 and hope something fits. Oakleys are ANSI z87.1 so that's good enough for me