Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight tracker

twister

Whew, minutes of the last meeting are finally up on USPSA.org. Included are changes to the Limited/Limited 10 Divisions removing the 500 unit requirement. The changes do not go into effect immediately. There had to be a posting period in Front Sight which would have put the earliest effective date in the middle of summer. Rather than messing with it in the middle of the season the effective date will be Jan 1, 2013. Should give everyone time to get new guns built if they really feel the need to.

Short answer, 5" Sighttracker in .40 legal now. 2013, whatever you want (in compliance with the rest of the rules)

Yes, yes it does! I feel limited should be like open, without optics and comps. Although I'm cool with the current caliber and mag restrictions. All it would take is the letter to be sent in confirming that well over 500 have been made to have them legal for 2012.

Every full length open gun is a 5.4 inch barreled gun. The SVI five and a half is really just a non threaded open barrel.

I was assured in Oct. the 5.5in. gun IS legal. Just a matter of paper work being submitted. I would assume by now that paper work has been submitted. Mine is a bushing gun so I cannot speak for the sight tracker version. The rule change for Limited/L10 seems to answer any remaining questions.

R

Every full length open gun is a 5.4 inch barreled gun. The SVI five and a half is really just a non threaded open barrel.

I was assured in Oct. the 5.5in. gun IS legal. Just a matter of paper work being submitted. I would assume by now that paper work has been submitted. Mine is a bushing gun so I cannot speak for the sight tracker version. The rule change for Limited/L10 seems to answer any remaining questions.

R

Who assured you? I'm fairly certain no paperwork has been submitted. Until it is, or 2013, it ain't legal. In 2013, assuming the world doesn't end, which if you read the thread that is almost solely about the Production pull limit it will, you'll be fine.

R

Who assured you? I'm fairly certain no paperwork has been submitted. Until it is, or 2013, it ain't legal. In 2013, assuming the world doesn't end, which if you read the thread that is almost solely about the Production pull limit it will, you'll be fine.

Brandon Strayer

Brandon Strayer can tell you that >500 have been made. But as Chuck said, it's not legal until the paperwork has been submitted and NROI has officially ruled it legal. Now I'm hearing that in 2013 there's a rule change and the 5.5 or the 6.0 sight tracker will be legal?

Brandon Strayer can tell you that >500 have been made. But as Chuck said, it's not legal until the paperwork has been submitted and NROI has officially ruled it legal.

I know all that already. But what does that look like? Would they post it on the USPSA website? Is it a footnote in the rule book? Where, when and how does it become public knowledge?

Please explain.

Thanks

Edited by rjkelso

Mr Kelso,

If the gun won't be legal for limited for a whole year, you could always shoot it internationally or shoot it in open. Open guns are fun.

BTW, how do you like your 5.5" gun?

BB

I don't have it yet. It should arrive shortly. Thanks.

I don't have it yet. It should arrive shortly. Thanks.

Do you have any 170mm .40 mags? I think I saw one earlier in the classifieds.

I like your avatar.

Less us know how you like it once it comes in.

Thanks, as soon as I get it I will post a picture. 140s