Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oops, I ruined my casefeeder

I just got my new 650, and while assembling it, when I tightened the screw that is supposed to stop casefeeder from rotating on the post, the helicoil insert came out from the plastic of the casefeeder body. Ouch!

:surprise:

How do I fix it? I was thinking about putting "metal" epoxy into the hole and re-drilling it. As the stupidity is strong in me, please stop me before I ruin it further. :surprise:

Edited by askomiko

I just got my new 650, and while assembling it, when I tightened the screw that is supposed to stop casefeeder from rotating on the post, the helicoil insert came out from the plastic of the casefeeder body. Ouch!

How do I fix it? I was thinking about putting "metal" epoxy into the hole and re-drilling it. As the stupidity is strong in me, please stop me before I ruin it further. :surprise:

Mine did the same thing....it still works fine.

I did the same thing. Used JB Weld and glued a new helicoil in the plastic hole. Much stronger now. Was more carefull on tightening the screw down after that.

Mine did the same thing....it still works fine.

Same here - thought it was pretty bad at the time, but the casefeeder works like a champ.

I recommend "Marine-tex" epoxy. It is a binary epoxy that cures super-hard. After it cures, you can drill it and thread it. I know how much you Dillon guys like that blue color too, you can dye the epoxy blue when you mix it!

Marine-tex is great stuff. Every one should have some. There will be something you can fix with it as some point.

;)