USPSA stats!

steel1212

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look again, and burst you own bubble!!!

It's been upgraded!

Just uploaded last nights match results and clicked on my name and now it tells you how many points you got and what percentage and how many a/b/c/d etc. That is awesome! :cheers:

Ah...that is brand new!

wub.gif

I love the totals (and extra stats). That will make betting easier. devil.gif

Yeah, Rob added them recently after a discussion on another forum. He's open to ideas for anything else people want to add.

What about bringing back the Top 20 by Division and Class?

I don't know who Rob is otherwise I'd send the suggestion to him myself.

Oh yeah...and the new feature is cool. Thanks Rob!

Edited by CZinSC

Is there an option when uploading results to get this on the USPSA site? There are no matches found when I search under my local club.

Yes, you local USPSA club can upload the results. It is pretty quick and easy. Then, any USPSA member that has their profile current on the USPSA website...they can see the results of their matches when they click on <match results>. (They used to get an email when scores were posted...not sure if that is back up and running or not?)

Then, any USPSA member that has their profile current on the USPSA website...they can see the results of their matches when they click on <match results>. (They used to get an email when scores were posted...not sure if that is back up and running or not?)

It is. I get the emails all the time .... local or major.

Yeah, Rob added them recently after a discussion on another forum. He's open to ideas for anything else people want to add.

I don't know who Rob is otherwise I'd send the suggestion to him myself.

Oh yeah...and the new feature is cool. Thanks Rob!

Area 7 director and USPSA Webmaster Rob Boudrie. He posts here also.

Look again, and burst you own bubble!!!

It's been upgraded!

Just uploaded last nights match results and clicked on my name and now it tells you how many points you got and what percentage and how many a/b/c/d etc. That is awesome! :cheers:

Ah...that is brand new!

wub.gif

I love the totals (and extra stats). That will make betting easier. devil.gif

Oh! I see the extra stats. Didn't see them when I last looked at the match stats this past weekend. Way cool! Cool that it's online now instead of me having to import the data in a spreadsheet like I used to.

It's a nice addition... Now if we can get the unofficial overall scores that people keep asking me for.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to notice this. What actually happened was Dave Thomas asked me to add the chart at the top with the number of competitors by class and division, and there was a discussion on another forum about percentages the winners shoot, and after making a few Excel errors, I asked myself "Why am I doing it the hard way?", so I added it while taking care of Dave's request.

It may just happen :)

I like the pistol stats but I think the 4th field down should be labeled "Total penalty points" and not "Total Penalties". Much less depressing

Done.

There's a minor bug. If you include reshoots in your results, you end up having more points than were available. But it looks great otherwise. Good job, Rob!

Fixed.

It's a nice addition... Now if we can get the unofficial overall scores that people keep asking me for.

Nope.

Two reasons:

1. Current USPSA policy is to display only recognized results.
  2. I can't display what I don't have, and the upload system posts all the detailed data from the official results, not the combined. The new stats display is just an enhanced extraction of existing data; combined results don't exist in the online database.

Is there an option when uploading results to get this on the USPSA site? There are no matches found when I search under my local club.

Any club can register a club contact who, in turn, may designate any number of additional stats officers as authorized score uploaders. It would appear your club is not using this FREE service provided by USPSA.

Clubs that post to their own site are encouraged to post to uspsa.org as well, as USPSA is committed to maintaining a long-term archive of these results. If you club is concerned about USPSA taking traffic from your club, just post to the USPSA site a few days after you post to your club page.

Kyle Farris

Ohio Section Coordinator - USPSA

Brian Enos Forum Administrator

Chief Range Officer

NRA Instructor

Time to change that to "Area 5 Director Elect".

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to notice this. What actually happened was Dave Thomas asked me to add the chart at the top with the number of competitors by class and division, and there was a discussion on another forum about percentages the winners shoot, and after making a few Excel errors, I asked myself "Why am I doing it the hard way?", so I added it while taking care of Dave's request.

It may just happen :)

I like the pistol stats but I think the 4th field down should be labeled "Total penalty points" and not "Total Penalties". Much less depressing

Done.

There's a minor bug. If you include reshoots in your results, you end up having more points than were available. But it looks great otherwise. Good job, Rob!

Fixed.

Nope.

Two reasons:

2. I can't display what I don't have, and the upload system posts all the detailed data from the official results, not the combined. The new stats display is just an enhanced extraction of existing data; combined results don't exist in the online database.

Any club can register a club contact who, in turn, may designate any number of additional stats officers as authorized score uploaders. It would appear your club is not using this FREE service provided by USPSA.

Clubs that post to their own site are encouraged to post to uspsa.org as well, as USPSA is committed to maintaining a long-term archive of these results. If you club is concerned about USPSA taking traffic from your club, just post to the USPSA site a few days after you post to your club page.

Kyle Farris

Ohio Section Coordinator - USPSA

Brian Enos Forum Administrator

Chief Range Officer

NRA Instructor

Time to change that to "Area 5 Director Elect".

I thought that data was store on the lines prefixed with an "I" in the webfile.txt. It's that same set of lines that contains the A,B,C,D,M,NS, etc. for each shooter for each stage that is used to build up the stage performance summary for each shooter. The only thing that won't be precomputed will be the stage points scaled by overall stage winner rather than division stage winner. It shouldn't be too expensive to compute, but there'll have to be some sanity checking to be done to make sure that the online .PHP computation matches what EzWinScore would have computed.

That is cool! :cheers:

(slight thread drift....what is a good percentage of points to "shoot for"?.... I mean besides 100% of the possible points. I have heard 80% from some shooters. Other shooters I have read strive for 90% as a good metric of balancing speed and accuracy.)

In lieu of a top 20 of the D, C, etc. classes by division (the number 1 top D class shooter in limited is say like 0.01% from being the very bottom of C class....unless of course there is some other reason I don't know why people would like to know they are #2 C class in Single stack and just 0.05% from B class), I would like to see a classifier records page set up...name of shooter, name of club, date, their raw time, their stage points, hit factor, and of course the percentage would be 100 or 100+.

I know...I know....beggars can't be choosers.

Nope.

Two reasons:

It would be nice if we could change that policy -- considering that EZW already adds that disclaimer to the combined results -- at least for Level 1 matches, where most members compete, and where the demand for that particular piece of stats exists.....

Or is there an insurmountable technical obstacle?

I don't think we're worried about the traffic.....

We post to our own site, and not to USPSA because our site allows us to post all results that EZW will generate.... :P :P

We post to our own site, and not to USPSA because our site allows us to post all results that EZW will generate.... :P :P

Why not post to both?

I like being able to see the combined results on local web sites, but there are also a lot of neat features available when the scores are submitted to USPSA.

I'd love to have my club post to USPSA so I could see my hits later because I am not like some on our super squad who write down everything BEFORE they sign their score sheets as I am usually the RO for the squad. The clubs web results show combined as well as official scores but that only matters if I don't beat certain people. What I would like to know is do I need to improve accuracy or speed (speeds probably a lost cause).

Why not post to both?

I like being able to see the combined results on local web sites, but there are also a lot of neat features available when the scores are submitted to USPSA.

Because we created a website just for this purpose -- and we really think that USPSA should bend for Level 1 matches......

Even at 50-60 shooters a month, sometimes my best friends/closest competitors wind up in a different division. Since they are my yardstick, I need to look to the combined results to see how we're all doing against each other....

There is demand at this level of the game for that. The results are of course unofficial, and are clearly stamped as such....