Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Leupold & Warne Northwest Multigun Challenge

With expired slots comes openings for waiting list guys!

Several companies made decisions on 5/31 and Scott is sorting them out. With Ironman in the middle (Scott shot Open and is ROing the TO match) we'll still need a few days to finish up the final slots. Butch, I know you are probably reading this and you are 2nd on the wait list now, keep your fingers crossed.

The Staff match filled up so we added another squad and anyone who wants to shoot with the ROs can send me an application, but make it quick and give me a heads up via email, we need to get shirts ordered this week. All contact and app info at www.nwmultigun.com.

Doug

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossing my fingers for one of those Main Match unused Sponsor slots so I can stick around for the night match too.:)

We are going by match application dates and you 6th on the wait list to get in the main match. Still may be some cancelations but you never know.

Doug

I've finished the squadding and matrices for both the Main and Staff Matches. Take a look to see who you are shooting with and when, the Squads and Matrices are listed at the bottom on the Sponsor Page on our website:

http://www.nwmultigun.com/2012_Sponsors_1Q0K.html

This match should run on time and you need to be at the proper stage at the time stated on the matrix. Squads 1-10 are in the Main Match on Saturday and Sunday, 7/14 and 7/15. Squads 11-17 will be shooting the Staff Match on Thursday and Friday 7/12 and 7/13. Awards and Prizes will be on Sunday 7/15 at 3:00PM. If you are shooting the Staff Match be aware that the match will not start till 12:30PM on Thursday, 7/12, to allow for final setup and the Staff Meeting in the morning. Staff will meet at the COSSA range no later than 8:00AM, please do not be late.

If you have a problem with the squadding please feel free to contact me but understand that there is not much wiggle room left for changes. I tried to accomdate all the requests from shooters and I think I got them all in.

See you all in Bend next month!

Doug Hartley

Co-MD/Registrar/Range Master

NWMGC

www.nwmultigun.com

206-235-1168

Edited by Doug H.

What sort of range are we talking on the longer rifle shots, do I need some "fly straight at long range" ammo.

We are not planning any shots longer than 350 yards. There will be one 600 yard target, but you will shoot it with a custom RBros rifle that is zeroed for that distance. Only problem for the shooter will be wind and pulling the trigger.

Doug

Doug,

For us iron sight shooters, I assume that the 350 yard target (and all of the other longer targets as well) will be around a 4moa target with a suitable contrasting backer much like you presented to us last year? You and Scott gave us challenging but visible targets last year, and I would be pleased if that could continue at the new venue. The fact that you guys use falling steel is greatly appreciated by many shooters.

The room is booked and we are ready to enjoy the Bend area to it's fullest! Looking forward to seeing you in around a month.

Doug,

For us iron sight shooters, I assume that the 350 yard target (and all of the other longer targets as well) will be around a 4moa target with a suitable contrasting backer much like you presented to us last year? You and Scott gave us challenging but visible targets last year, and I would be pleased if that could continue at the new venue. The fact that you guys use falling steel is greatly appreciated by many shooters.

The room is booked and we are ready to enjoy the Bend area to it's fullest! Looking forward to seeing you in around a month.

You assume correct. We will have backers so that all the long targets are visible. Should be a fun time in Bend!

Doug

Something else to get you guys a little more excited for this match!

Still a little wet and crappy pics, but will get some better pics when the sun comes out.

002-1.jpg

001.jpg

That is very nice! Someone is going to be extremely happy. Everyone gets to shoot it but only one person will take it home.

Doug

Just to answer what Jesse is asking...this rifle as with all other things for the match are being given away via random draw. Just like last year we had all the shooters make a line and both Doug and I handed out bags to the shooters and shook all the shooters hands and then it was the mad search to see what every shooter got! The majority of shooters last year wanted it the same way so here it is. I will take another poll this year after the match and see what the majority says again. We really try to listen to what the shooters want...like don't have to many slug requirements! If it were just Doug and I making our own match there would be lots of slugs!!!!

There is a trophy and cash pay out to the ~top 10% of each division just like drag racing! Every one gets to walk the random draw...we will have all the bags made up prior to the RO squads finishing so they don't have to stick around for the end (not the ROs of course:-).

Respectively,

Busyhawk

I don't mind slugs either. The longer range shots force you become a better marksman and to learn your equipment better. That and I have a case in the closet that just isn't going to shoot itself :0)

Mike Saslawsky

TY56783

I'll shoot nothing but slugs if I can shoot sat/sun. Airplane tickets dropped $150 today.

You are next on the wait list. What about Katie, isn't she traveling with you?

Doug

I'll shoot nothing but slugs if I can shoot sat/sun. Airplane tickets dropped $150 today.

Doug

I was going to give Miss Harris a rise from the airport but I don't think Joe has finalized her travel plans yet either.

One spot to go, eh? Screw it I'm booking flights for Saturday thru Wednesday. Somebody will be a no show at game time.

Plus I really want to shoot that night match. I have already reserved a Police Helicopter with one if those big spot lights to fly over me when I shoot at night. I'd hate to miss the look on Chuck's face when he sees me game the dark.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Doug

I was going to give Miss Harris a rise from the airport but I don't think Joe has finalized her travel plans yet either.

One spot to go, eh? Screw it I'm booking flights for Saturday thru Wednesday. Somebody will be a no show at game time.

Plus I really want to shoot that night match. I have already reserved a Police Helicopter with one if those big spot lights to fly over me when I shoot at night. I'd hate to miss the look on Chuck's face when he sees me game the dark.

if you really wanna game it Jesse, I'd bring Parachute illumination flares for each stage. I know chuck is... ;)

Doug

if you really wanna game it Jesse, I'd bring Parachute illumination flares for each stage. I know chuck is... ;)

Yeah but chuck isn't shooting for score, is he?

Doug

Yeah but chuck isn't shooting for score, is he?

Sorry stud, I don't do all the work if I'm not playing for keeps. Heck yeah I'm shooting for score. But don't worry, I'm not a night person. I probably won't even be able to stay awake for all 8 stages.

OK, The Mayor is finally in the main match! New Squad lists up on the website. If you are in the Staff Match you need to get your food order sheets into me because we will not have enough time between Staff Match Registration and lunch the first day to get the food made. It's 22 miles to the nearest food, and there is no lunch break to make the trip. Main Match Shooters can still fill out meal forms during the Friday registration.

Staff Match Schedule

Thursday 7/12/2012

8:00AM – Staff Meeting

9:00AM – ROs on their Stages to finish, check and proof stages.

12:30PM – Staff Match starts

6:30PM – End of first Staff Match day

Friday 7/13/2012

8:00PM – Staff Match continues

5:30PM – Staff Match finishes

Match Schedule

Friday 7/13/2012

1:00PM – Registration Opens at COSSA

6:00PM – Registration Closes

Saturday 7/14/2012

7:00AM – Registration Opens at COSSA

8:00AM – Shooters Meeting