Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic NC-22 Upper

ericm

...as I cleaned my Nordic NC-22 upper after a range trip the other day (completely unecessary as I had only fired about 300 rds), I suddenly realized the following:

1. This thing has not jammed or hiccupped in many .22 bulk packs worth of shooting (a bulk pack CAN be a unit of time, if you practice correctly and resist the urge to shoot this upper uncontrollably whilest maniacally giggling, but I digress...).

2. This piece of equipment has acheived that rare status where you just use it unconciously to practice, never having to interupt drills to fiddle with it (kind of like a Glock pistol or JP CTR02).

3. When a piece of equipment is this reliable and accurate AND uses inexpensive ammo, it's probably saved me thousands of dollars so far.

I like my Nordic NC-22 upper.

ericm

if you practice correctly and resist the urge to shoot this upper uncontrollably whilest maniacally giggling, but I digress...).

Yep, that's the only down side to this upper. I have shoot many rounds just trying to see how fast I can shoots splits with it.

But it has paid for itself many times over.

Ahhhh, another of the Miller clan making sense.

A friend of mine has a CMMG upper, and defends that it is a Ciener copy and parts will be forever available. I informed him that the Nordic wisely chose to completely engineer their product and used 10-22 extractors in the unit. Extractors can be the weak link in .22LR's as we know. He did mention that unless he used a GI hammer spring misfires were frequent, to which I replied that my lower was using JP reduced springs as it was one of my match lowers, with nary a misfire with Federal bulk ammo.

The Nordic upper is a terrific unit. If we were to have action rimfire matches, may all the other shooters use uppers other than Nordic! :cheers:

Mine had an issue, Nordic wonderfully fixed it and it has been flawless since. I'm even running bulk pak ammo!

Mine was having issues too. I'm still waiting for Nordic to send it back to me. Hopefully my experience will be similar to yours. Not happy about having to send it back on my dime though.

I have not had an engineering issue with my TS upper but I can tell you, that it does not like to be dirty!!!!

Maybe I should reiterate that point, when it gets dirty it turns into a jam-o-matic, especially at a match like the Ruger Rimfire World Championships. I shot the match with the engineer (and his son) for NC, his guns ran and ran and ran.

IF NC had made their upper when I got my TS I would have gotten the NC. Don't get wrong, the TS is outstanding in accuracy and performance. I just need to clean it better.

I have had zero problems with my Nordic NC-22 upper. I have mine on a dedicated lower with a JP trigger exactly like the one in my CTR-02. I do run a standard AR hammer not the lighter JP hammer. Cleaning consists of running a brush with Kroil in the chamber only and brushing the breach face and extractor groove off with a toothbrush with Kroil. I do not clean the barrel. The bolt is cleaned with Kroil and a rag. I use Mobil 1 to lube the gun.

I need to take mine to the range and document the issues I'm having... seems like I can't run more than a mag or maybe two through mine without a FTE or FTF, no matter what ammo or mags I try.

Did you get it a while ago? Did you e-mail or call Nordic? They have great customer service.

I need to take mine to the range and document the issues I'm having... seems like I can't run more than a mag or maybe two through mine without a FTE or FTF, no matter what ammo or mags I try.

Did you get it a while ago? Did you e-mail or call Nordic? They have great customer service.

Yeah, its mostly my fault... I just have a very low tolerance for things that dont work, so when I couldnt get it to work I just put it in the safe where its probably been sitting for some 6 months now.

Nordic CS rocks, so I'm sure they'll make it run one way or another. I just need to get my act together and document whats going on and ping them...

I'm the same exact way and had ejection issues with mine. I bought it in a group buy on another forum. It was a jamm-o-matic. When I got around to emailing them, they wanted to replace the recoil spring and sent me one right out. Didn't fix it. So I'm just about to email them again and the guy on the forum that ran the group buy posted up that they were recalling the bolts and wanted to replace everyone's entire bolt assembly. So I sent mine to him and had another one in about 10 days. Nordic shipped directly to all of us. Turns out I was shooting a SC match the next morning, so I ran it as a second gun in rimfire. Fixed! :goof: Not a single failure to eject since. It went from a cussing demonstration every time I went to the range to one of the funnest rifles I have to shoot now.

Call Nordic, they redesigned the bolt incorporating some changes they learned from Remington. Don't know what the changes were but several of the guys didn't want to change bolts at all because their rifles were running great. Nobody I'm aware of is having any problems at all, and now that includes me. :)

• 2 months later...

I can't get mine to jam. Tried everything. I refuse to clean it. I couldn't be happier.

I finally had mine hiccup today (failure to go into battery) after about 1000 rounds....however it clearly was an issue with the ammo. I had one box of older Remington Target (circa late 90's) loaded in a mag, Winchester Dynapoint (new) in the other 4 mags and some older Remington Thunderbolts (circa mid 80's) waiting to be loaded. The Rem target jammed going in and wouldn't go into battery. Dropped the mag and finally got it to go into battery by releasing the bolt 3 times, the round fired. Swapped out to the Dynapoint loaded mag and it chewed through them with no issues. Swapped back to the Remington loaded mag and same as previous round. Unload the mag and reloaded it with the Rem Thunderbolts. Everything ran flawlessly except for two FTF out of 500 rounds of Thunderbolts.

I'm REALLY loving my NC-22 upper! I got a whole afternoons worth of drills in for ~$20 in .22LR ammo that would have cost me ~$135 in .223Rem ammo. Three more sessions like today and the upper will have paid for itself already! :cheers:

I'm the same exact way and had ejection issues with mine. I bought it in a group buy on another forum. It was a jamm-o-matic. When I got around to emailing them, they wanted to replace the recoil spring and sent me one right out. Didn't fix it. So I'm just about to email them again and the guy on the forum that ran the group buy posted up that they were recalling the bolts and wanted to replace everyone's entire bolt assembly. So I sent mine to him and had another one in about 10 days. Nordic shipped directly to all of us. Turns out I was shooting a SC match the next morning, so I ran it as a second gun in rimfire. Fixed! :goof: Not a single failure to eject since. It went from a cussing demonstration every time I went to the range to one of the funnest rifles I have to shoot now.

Call Nordic, they redesigned the bolt incorporating some changes they learned from Remington. Don't know what the changes were but several of the guys didn't want to change bolts at all because their rifles were running great. Nobody I'm aware of is having any problems at all, and now that includes me. :)

Got mine back and even though the slip in the package said that they couldnt reproduce the problem they went ahead and installed the new bolt and did some minor polishing anyway..

Seems to have done the trick... Took it out to the range and ran a few hundred rounds of various brands that caused me issues earlier and it was flawless. :)

Edited by gose