Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In about five months. Couple weeks before match.

If they were posted tomorrow about all you would learn from them was the round count. Keep in mind that your not shooting here on a tradition range with the except of maybe two stages. When you see the stage diagrams unless you know where the stages will be set, you know almost nothing. Besides, if they post them two early it will cut down on the number of posts on this thread. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else gotten confirmations?

I faxed in my app and paid, but Linda's email said I should get an email confirmation after that?

Just don't want to be waitlisted after Feb 29th.

Thanks,

Nevermind, just got it this morning.

Thanks Linda!

Confirmation arrived from Linda. Thanks Linda!

Question on SAfety Rule

1.3 Rifles & Shotguns (carry from vehicle or between stages)

Rifles & shotguns should be cased or carried/slung with the muzzle up or down.

Rifles & shotguns should be carried with actions open and detachable magazines removed.

Might be a stupid question but can we carry our rifles and shotgun's with chamber flags instead or really has to be open chamber no flags? Does open chamber means totally open chamber OR chambered with chamber flags?

Another gray area for me is on section 3. Sportsmanship & Conduct

3.3 Range Officers may assess additional "unsportsmanlike conduct" procedural penalties to competitors that intentionally fail to make a good faith effort to engage and hit targets on order to gain advantage. The Range Master and Match Director shall be the final arbiters of any such penalties.

Edited by smoothdraw

Ive been thinking alittle today and I'm not sure if this has already been thought of before me because this will be my first shoot at rockcastle 3 gun. Somebody let me know if it has. But since most of us wont have camera crews following us around what a great idea it would be if the people at rockcastle had some one on each stage for pros and ams alike with a video camera charging alittle money to film the competitors that pay. Then put together a cd and send it to us in the mail or something after the competition. So that each of us who would like to go back and see where we messed up or did good could. I've always heard the best improvements come from watching yourself. Plus itd just be cool to be able to go back and watch it later on sometime or to show friends that couldnt make it. I feel like there would be quite a few of us that would pay to have a good video of ourselves shooting this competition! Maybe a good opportunity for Rockcastle to make alittle extra $$$ too!?!? Anybody else with me?

Since most of us have probably already sent in our applications has anybody recieved the conformation E-Mail yet? Praying my application didn't get lost!

Has anyone else gotten confirmations?

I faxed in my app and paid, but Linda's email said I should get an email confirmation after that?

Just don't want to be waitlisted after Feb 29th.

Thanks,

I did the fax the app and call with the credit card thing which I might add was a pleasure because the gals at RockCastle are so nice and helpful. I received confirmation today.