Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Match planners. Last years polo shirt was of "okay" quality. Is the same thing planned for this year? Or, is it planned to do a small embroidery instead of the screen printing. I expect screen printing on t-shirts, not polos. Please advise soon so I can mail my application & check.

I am also interested in this. If it is a similar quality as last years polo I will keep my $28.

For the Match planners. Last years polo shirt was of "okay" quality. Is the same thing planned for this year? Or, is it planned to do a small embroidery instead of the screen printing. I expect screen printing on t-shirts, not polos. Please advise soon so I can mail my application & check.

I am also interested in this. If it is a similar quality as last years polo I will keep my $28.

I was planning on purchasing a Polo, but not if the image is screen printing. Patiently waiting for an answer.

I was planning on purchasing a Polo, but not if the image is screen printing. Patiently waiting for an answer.

Just buy it; they probably dont even have the design yet. You can always take it to the beer tent and trade it for a rifle.

Linda,

Why didn't the sign in work right at 9:30:00pm? I think some folks that got the too early signal gave up early.

I am not a computer expert. But I suspect that the computer/application generating the countdown clock and the server handling the submitted applications were not one and the same. Or perhaps it was one computer but one application used a time generated by itself and the other used the clock time from the computer's operating system.

Sometimes computers do unexpected things.

I am thrilled to have a spot in the pro match. I am hoping that my buddy who was up in Gary, IN :surprise: working on a helicopter got in. I signed him in right after I did for myself but he hasn't been able to check his email. Fingers crossed.

A big group of guys I know tried for the AM but are wait-listed. Hopefully as all the duplicates get sorted out they will get in.

Edited by Vespid_Wasp

I am new to this. Looking for some info. How many pistol mags will I need to bring? Are slings required on the rifle/shotgun? Is a drop leg holster for my pistol authorized? Is an ACOG ok or should I use EOTECH or Red dot? How many Rifle mags will I need?

Any tips and info would be greatle appreciated.

Seems to be working ok now.

Dude r u back?

I'm back brother! :cheers:

Lock up the farm animals and moon shine! Looking forward to it man.

But Jesse, How else would I conduct myself without all the normal entertainment?

I am new to this. Looking for some info. How many pistol mags will I need to bring? Are slings required on the rifle/shotgun? Is a drop leg holster for my pistol authorized? Is an ACOG ok or should I use EOTECH or Red dot? How many Rifle mags will I need?

I shot AM last year, my first big match:

Pistol mags - 4 min, 2 on the belt, one in the gun (you might want to take advantage of magazine length limits and add an extended mag to the collection for your first mag on a stage, might save you a reload, depends on what you shoot.

Slings not needed last year, would guess the same this year, rules/match info will specify before the match.

Drop leg would be OK unless rules state otherwise. You would be better served with a strong side OWB belt holster with good retention.

Optic, last year’s COF was doable with EOTECH or red dot, I would make sure I could hit 4 MOA at 200 yards with whatever sighting system you use.

Rifle mags - 2 30rd mags will get it done, more is better. While not needed last year; being able to carry one mag on the belt for a reload would be good but a back pocket would work.

I would focus on shotgun reloads, distance rifle, and make sure you know the rules, some important ones from last year:

- Scoring, outlaw; 1 A/B upper, 2 inside the perf anywhere full credit (so 2 fast anywhere is the same as 2 in the lower A zone, don't waste time.

- Par time, if you find you can't hit a certain target, long rifle for example, don't burn the entire par time shooting at it if other easier targets will be left standing such as close pistol target.

David E.

My biggest recommendation for a new shooter would be to be familiar with safety and range commands. KNOW 100% your rifle zero. Don't zero at 25 or 50 and trust that it will get you on at 200. Confirm your zero at the distance you choose to be optimal and know where your bullet will hit at all reasonable distances. Practice loading your shotgun. Some load weakhand, some load with the newer 2 at a time stronghand method. There are some great youtube videos teaching you to do both. Acquire some shell caddies or the appropriate vest/belt and practice practice practice.

This year's Polo will be screen printed but on a good quality cool dry style shirt. I will post pictures on the website when we get it finalized.

Thanks, Nick

It was someones lucky day on the wait list. I gave up my pro registration since somehow I was fortunate enough to get registered for both pro and am. Figured I would try for both in case I got closed out of one.

Good luck new Pro number 7 registration.