Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Plains Shooting Challenge 2012

It's getting close! Its always exciting to see what new things Trapr comes up with for us to shoot with shotguns. It's also gping to be a great tune up for RockCastle the next weekend.

Don't forget pool party at my house Saturday night. Everyone is invited BYOB.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magpul, Falcon industries, Brownells, XS sights, have all sent their goodies, with many more due to arrive soon. The match will be max. capacity at 125. Currently we are at 75% full approx., with a few dropouts. We will not accept more entrants than that, due to the stage configurations and our ideas of how and when a match should be shot. Our timetable is set, we have not had to keep competitors beyond 4pm on match end day, and do not want to start now. Plus we want everyone to remember this is what we do for "FUN", so having to start shooting at sun up is not our idea of fun. Start times are typically 9-930am, unless you are the "mayor" and forget to wake up in time then you start when you get here. I do not recall any stage back up issues ever!! so we can generally get an extra stage shot on the first day to help out with getting people leaving early on match end day.

Don't let the low capacity number fool you, we get excellent competitors from all over the country and overseas. HPSC was the first big IPSC style practical shotgun match in the country and I guarantee you will see stuff here that you have never seen anywhere else, when it comes to practical shotgun shooting.

Most of the up to date info can be found on Boomershooters.com forums since they are a match sponsor. But I will try and keep info fresh here on Enos.

DO NOT PUT OFF SENDING IN YOUR APP!!!!!

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

• 2 weeks later...

round count for 2012 is as follows: slug-25, buck-25, birdshot-125. Thats been rounded up to nice even numbers by a couple of rounds at the most.

Please bring at least twice as much, especially the buck and slug.

Trapr

Mark, max pellet count per round for 12ga is 9, 00 or 000 is OK, and if 8 pellet loads pattern better for you, you can use 8 pellet loads. This info is for the use of buckshot on paper!!!

There will be a stage that is all steel so any buckshot is good to go, on that stage.

Did you have to bring up Jesse and rule reading!?!?!?!?!?........really!!!!

there is no restriction on birdshot, and all the birdshot targets will be able to be knocked over or broken with a 1oz load of 8,s from a cyl. bore gun.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

speaking of pool, the one used for the match is not part of JT's pool party,......jus sayin'.

this is the pool, that the raft is floating in, that we have to shoot the stage from???????

ahhh someone was reading the posts!!!!

its more of a water trough than a pool, and you shouldn't get wet........much. :devil:

Scopecoat, Shooters Source and Carbon arms have all stepped up for the prize table, with Mr Roth XRail, providing some product as well, if you haven't seen his new one piece mag tube replacement its pretty cool.

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

The 4 hotels on the west side of 69/35 are all decent. I'm staying at the Fairfield this year:

Fairfield Inn & Suites Edmond 301 Meline Drive,

Edmond, Oklahoma 73034 USA Phone: 1-405-341-4818 Fax: 1-405-341-4819

Thanks. That's where I'll be.