Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Plains Shooting Challenge 2012

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to watch a couple youtubes. Looks like your guys got to shoot a fun match. Wish I had the time to get to more of these matches. I'll bet it was toasty this weekend.

Naw, toast is dry, I was drenched most of the time. :surprise:

I didn't use my pistol at all today. Maybe I missed something? Also, my scores for Stage 5 are completely missing from the Limited list.

Scoring is the same as USPSA except we are using shotguns. Limited = Semi Auto, Single Stack = Pump, Open I think you can figure out.

I was just screwing around.

Big thanks to Trapr and Kurt for putting this on. It was the most fun match I've ever shot. Big thanks to the sponsors, as well, and the ROs. If BoomerShooter takes this thing over, I'm committed to making it great. I'd only heard of one other all-shotgun match, the Tactical match up north, and just found out about the Rockcastle match yesterday. This was at least three times more fun than the HP carbine match, and so it seems very odd that we aren't running shotgun matches all over the country.

I was just screwing around.

Big thanks to Trapr and Kurt for putting this on. It was the most fun match I've ever shot. Big thanks to the sponsors, as well, and the ROs. If BoomerShooter takes this thing over, I'm committed to making it great. I'd only heard of one other all-shotgun match, the Tactical match up north, and just found out about the Rockcastle match yesterday. This was at least three times more fun than the HP carbine match, and so it seems very odd that we aren't running shotgun matches all over the country.

Richmond HotShots runs one in CA, Nordic runs one in Minnesota in July and Rockcastle is next week. So there are at least 4 this year.

Kurt/Trap......class act!!

Very nice stages....RO's were great....you can count on TACCOM's support no matter what you do in the future guys.

Matt and I had very good time. Matt got to shoot, see old friends, made some new ones, buy his favorite drink at Pop's and had an excellent steak at Tucson's in Salena, KS last night so he is ready to do this again!

Tim

I had a good time getting to see so many great shooters. Every-one was good to me on stage 8 even when my brain slowed down to a crawl.

The very best part of the match for me was getting to see JK have such a hot streak. The guy was on Fire for most of the stages. JK ran his gun like a Fire Hose blasting down the target in sweep.

Very cool to watch him melt shells in to his gun on the reloads. Congrats to a great guy

Yeah who the heck is this JK guy that won Standard? When Trapr said JK I thought that was short for Just Kidding. Lol! J/K!!! Mr Rowzee was burning it down despite shooting with the RO's which was tough with only 8 Shooters there to reset and stuff.

JK was the only RO to hit a no shoot so he lost $5 while winning that DPMS rifle.

Yeah who the heck is this JK guy that won Standard? When Trapr said JK I thought that was short for Just Kidding. Lol! J/K!!! Mr Rowzee was burning it down despite shooting with the RO's which was tough with only 8 Shooters there to reset and stuff.

JK was the only RO to hit a no shoot so he lost $5 while winning that DPMS rifle.

JK won the Pirates Of Texas Carbine shoot too this February. so he runs an AR just as fast.

Benny and Ty cast such a long Shadow that JK stays in the shade

Edited by AlamoShooter

Kurt and I are done holding the match,........ we made an offer to Jesse Tischauser that if he wanted to I'd sell him the name for a dollar. Make him a good deal on the targets and other stuff that Kurt and I cannot use for our classes. I really do not need 120 or so plates for my own personal practicing. I think Jesse thought I was joking, but after the announcement at the prize table he may have realized I was serious, so we'll see. El Jefe retardo could be the next HPSC match director :cheers:

The offer is on the table?????

trapr

Kurt and I are done holding the match,........ we made an offer to Jesse Tischauser that if he wanted to I'd sell him the name for a dollar. Make him a good deal on the targets and other stuff that Kurt and I cannot use for our classes. I really do not need 120 or so plates for my own personal practicing. I think Jesse thought I was joking, but after the announcement at the prize table he may have realized I was serious, so we'll see. El Jefe retardo could be the next HPSC match director :cheers:

trapr

Trapr we will definitely be contacting you about purchasing the name and/or rights and/or website for the match. the name High Plains has become the name in shotgun matches in the USA. We just need to make sure we can make it happen before we go getting everyone excited.

trapr

"El Jefe Retardo" sounds much more interesting than "The Mayor"!

trapr

"El Jefe Retardo" sounds much more interesting than "The Mayor"!

Crap I don't speak Spanish so I didn't know that was me until now.

A funny thing happened after the match. Kurt and Trapr thanked me for helping. Funny ? Funny in that with out Trapr and Kurt and Benny Hill, I would not be shooting 3 Gun.

I think its a smart move to stop when your ahead. High Plains gave many of us a Big Kick start. I am happy to give back to the game.

And If Jesse grabs hold with his ...'High Energy' approach, the event could make Double Tap seam like a putting course.

Jesse already mentioned it (thanks buddy) but Michele wanted me to thank everyone who purchased pictures from the HPSC. Everyone was super nice and welcomed her into the shooting family and for that I am grateful.

If you haven't seen your pictures yet, take a look. The good thing about pictures is that "charlies and mikes" don't show up on film! :)

michelecornelius.com