Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Mag Pouch Do You Use ?

Damol

I used to use CR speed pouches for my Glock. Even with the tension knob taken completely off they were still a pain to get out. I went with the Ghost mag pouches. They sell them online at the IPSC store and Shooters Connection. $10 cheaper than CR speed and the mags are easily pulled. They're secured well and won't "jump" out. Plus, you get 2 different style mag pouches for $24, conventional (bullet forward) and sideways (bullet facing away from your body). No sanding or adding washers to a $35 mag pouch for me anymore!!

Edited by alpha-charlie

I'm using Fobus "Double Magazine Pouches S&W M&P 9mm, .40 cal" for my M&P9 mags - working out fine so far. They're on the cheaper side - they don't have adjustable tensioners but rely on fuzzy-sided velcro patches inside for tension. I've read that they fail after a while, FWIW. But hey, $20 for a double pouch off of Amazon...

• 2 weeks later...

For full information, how are you guys modding your CR pouches to take the mags properly? I've heard of several different suggestions, just curious what everyone here is using.

(It's only semi-thread jacking-- it's relative to the OP!)

I tried the fix in the video above, but the magazine had too much play (front/back) for me so I did basically the same thing, only with the Glock insert. I grabbed an assortment of rubber washers from lowes and needed one of the thickest ones. The benefit is the Glock insert doesn't let the mag move front to back.

I still can't believe I have to jury rig a $35 mag pouch to work with the 2nd most popular pistol on the market.

Yep, misc washers I had lying around.

• 1 year later...

i have the comp tac 4 mag holster, have not been to happy with it. had to make some big changes to it to keep from pullimg out a mag and having another caught on something at the same time and fall to the ground.

I use a Comp-Tac holster. For magazines I use their beltfeed map pouch. It is legal for production. It is 4 staggered pouches connected to each other. I hope it is legal for Single Stack. I have order one for the 1911. It is legal for Limited 10 :rolleyes:

Can you guys expand on your likes/dislikes of the Comp-Tac Beltfeed mag pouch setup?

I use a Blade Tech Revolution holster w/tek-lok and Revolution mag pouches w/tek-lok. There are probably better options, but these are cheap, allow me to play at USPSA & IDPA games, and I'm not good enough to justify anything better.

• 2 weeks later...