Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Mag Pouch Do You Use ?

Damol

Raven Concealment... I've been very happy with them. While you can't change the angle they do have good retention without hanging up at all like the standard Blade-Techs that I've had in the past. I might try something more competition minded in the future but these work great so far and I have a bunch of them. I do use the Blade-Tech holsters on all my competition belts for 3-Gun which I like much better then the Raven Concealment for match shooting.

ready tactical, for any of our pistols. it is 100% kyldex so no screws if wish to change the tension on the mag just warm it up. we have use them for about ten years.

i have the comp tac 4 mag holster, have not been to happy with it. had to make some big changes to it to keep from pullimg out a mag and having another caught on something at the same time and fall to the ground.

I have some Blade-Tech double pouches and i notice that when i set the tension to lightly hold the mag in one side, its not tight enough for the other side. The M&P mags must have some trapezoidal cross section that when the pouched is cinched down to accommodate the fat side on one mag, the skinny side of the mg in the other half of the pouch isn't equally clamped. Not too pleased with that. This pouch worked fine with my CZ mags prior to using it with the Smith.

For full information, how are you guys modding your CR pouches to take the mags properly? I've heard of several different suggestions, just curious what everyone here is using.

(It's only semi-thread jacking-- it's relative to the OP!)

Great information thanks, thats what I like about this Forum a wealth of info from people that's been there done that

with no BS,or at least not much, more like playfull banter :bow:

I use 771s for my 1911s but never thought about getting them for an STI and tightening them down to fit

the M&P I wil keep this in mind. I was looking at Dawsons sight last night and thought I would give the Double Alphas a try.

Thanks once again.

• 4 weeks later...

For full information, how are you guys modding your CR pouches to take the mags properly? I've heard of several different suggestions, just curious what everyone here is using.

I tried the fix in the video above, but the magazine had too much play (front/back) for me so I did basically the same thing, only with the Glock insert. I grabbed an assortment of rubber washers from lowes and needed one of the thickest ones. The benefit is the Glock insert doesn't let the mag move front to back.

I still can't believe I have to jury rig a $35 mag pouch to work with the 2nd most popular pistol on the market.

With my Blade-Tech holsters, i reported that when cinched down to accomodate the appropriate mag tension for one mag, the other is still a bit loose due to the assymetrical shape as they sit in the pouch. I found that adding a small strip of the soft nappy velcro about 1/4" wide and maybe 3/4" long inside the pouch where the narrow side of the mag rides helps take up the slack perfectly.

I also like the CR speed. I delt with the spacer a little differantly. I used a strip of adhesive backed velcro 3/4" wide by almost the hieght of the mag holder (about 1-1/2" I would guess). I used the loop portion and stuck it to the inside of the holder, opposite of the plastic spacer suplied by CR. I also put a matching piece on the back covering the adjustment slot and slit it down the slot with an exacto knife. I then cut a piece of double sided velcro ( not adhesive backed,but hook on one side, loop on the other) and stick it to the velcro opposite the plastic spacer which now forms a double layer of velcro, one of which is removable. Tension adjustment still works and the soft loop velcro touching the mags makes a very smooth draw. I use it for 3 gun and they never fall out.

Forgot to add, I get the velcro at wallmart in the craft department. They have lots of choices.

Edited by mpeltier

I tried the fix in the video above, but the magazine had too much play (front/back) for me so I did basically the same thing, only with the Glock insert. I grabbed an assortment of rubber washers from lowes and needed one of the thickest ones. The benefit is the Glock insert doesn't let the mag move front to back.

I still can't believe I have to jury rig a $35 mag pouch to work with the 2nd most popular pistol on the market.

I did the same. I grabbed the washers from the video posted in this thread, but played around with the other shims on a whim. Sure enough, the Glock seemed to hold it best, and even with these relatively thin washers, I get excellent retention out of the set up.

I found strangely enough that there's a lot of variance in the mag bodies for the M&P-- at least in the new-style square retaining plug versions I have. There's one mag in particular of my 7 that must be extremely thin; I marked it and use it as the one that starts in the gun on every stage. Just the same, with the Glock inserts and thinner washers, I loaded it to the brim the other day and ran and jumped around in an effort to make it come out of the pouch. It simply refused to cooperate.