Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WST powder for 40?

chainsaw

My load for my G35 is 180 grn Bayou Bullets with 4.5 grn WST at an OAL of 1.130. It makes a 169 PF and feels like a smooth push. The hard hard cast bullets will have a pretty close velocity compared to the Bayou's.

search in the reloading area, this is one of the more popular powders. You will find tons of data and info on the combination.

i thought thats what forum THIS was. course i thinks lottsa things what ain't true.

anybody using WST powder for 40 cal? specifically 180 gr hard cast FP. looking for an easy recoiling (relative term) load for plinking w/a S&W MP. for .38 spl? 148 gr WC. thanks

Mousefart plinking load 3.8gr of WST 40 S&W 180gr Lead.B)

anybody using WST powder for 40 cal? specifically 180 gr hard cast FP. looking for an easy recoiling (relative term) load for plinking w/a S&W MP. for .38 spl? 148 gr WC. thanks

do you have the velocity by chance?

do you have the velocity by chance?

i run the same load and get 750-780

+1 above make sure u are getting data with the OAL you can use. It makes a good minor load with 40

That mousefart load with 180gr Zero or MTG is safe at factory length 1.140. WST load data is scarce as chicken lips, but you can use 231 data just drop it .1gr. If you want to go major pump it up to 5.0gr but do not go shorter than 1.140, and use good brass, not stuff you have loaded 20 times. Federal or Win SPP. You will find major much more tolerable using 185gr Precion Moly or 180gr Bayou Bullets at 1.140 w/4.7 gr of WST. Like 231 don't put your ammo out in the sun to cook it, or you will bolo the crono. A good alternate powder is N320, lots of load data for it.

40 is a high pressure load in major and you should load it as long as possible for your platform, if becomes much safer at 1.180 and above, at 1.140 I've split a case or two and popped a couple tops, all were my fault for using real tired brass I'd shot over and over and over again, like 20 times.. I've gotten better at managing brass I run it 6 or seven times then sell it for scrap.

• 5 months later...