Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to get this party started! :)

Just finished up putting the last few evil touches on the last stages to be set up. I think Denise & I will need to change our phone numbers after everyone shoots this match... :)

Round counts have changed a small amount, maybe 10%, so err to have more ammo than less.

About 100 each, rifle, pistol, shotgun targets.

There are 55 rifle steel targets from 100-600 yards. The rest are paper targets. Offhand and unusual rests will be the norm.

There are 40ish pistol steel from 20-60 yards, the rest are paper targets. Don't expect all run and hose, there is some thou.

There are about 15 slug gongs from 35-99 yards, the rest are steel and clays. Expect to see flying clays and some other "different" targets.

Also we will have the longest scored shot (that we know of) in 3gun, a 50 caliber rifle shot out to 1400 yards.

Bottom line is expect to be taken out of your comfort zone, expect ALL of your 3 gunnin abilities to be tested, and most of all, to have the mostest fun shooting 3 gun ever in God's Country!

And its the JP Rocky Mountain 3Gun's 10th anniversary!

See everyone in a week!

jj

Just want to verify - the final stages, 3GN shoot-off, and prize table will all be on Saturday, 11 AUG, correct?

Been looking forward to this one all year - nothing like a good dose of JJ & Denise's special type of "punishment" to keep us all humble. See ya'll in a few days!

:cheers:

No 3GN shoot off at this one. It's just a 3GN points series match. The 3GN shoot offs are only at LaRue and ProAm this year.

Thanks for the info Mayor! It's hard to keep up with all the 3GN changes this year - been too focused on my day-job I guess. See you in a few days.

We WILL be doing a shoot-off, its sponsored by DPMS and the top juniors will be shooting for $3750/! Be sure to cheer on your favorite junior!

We are "just" a point series match??? :(

Yes, all of the after-match festivities will be happing sat afternoon. If I remember correctly we were done at about 1730 last year.

Final setup crew is making quick work of final preps! We had 2 USMC snipers sight in the 50 this morning, so there will be no whining about equipment causing misses on the 1400 yard shot. :) It will be all you baby!

Tomorrow is the big walk-thru for all ROs, then we start making noise on tuesday!

Looking forward to seeing everyone, drive safely!

JJ

Edited by RiggerJJ

We WILL be doing a shoot-off, its sponsored by DPMS and the top juniors will be shooting for $3750/! Be sure to cheer on your favorite junior!

Yes, all of the after-match festivities will be happing sat afternoon. If I remember correctly we were done at about 1730 last year.

Final setup crew is making quick work of final preps! We had 2 USMC snipers sight in the 50 this morning, so there will be no whining about equipment causing misses on the 1400 yard shot. :) It will be all you baby!

Tomorrow is the big walk-thru for all ROs, then we start making noise on tuesday!

JJ

Sounds good JJ - thanks for the info! See you on Tuesday.

JJ

Thats a relief, I mean not to knock that your 60+ years old eyes that wear glasses or anything.. but your left handed :roflol:

Can we run coupled mags that are equal height as long as we don't use them for support during prone Shooting?

The way the rules read, no. Well, you can shoot Open.

You'd best check with JJ. He has always allowed evenly cinched mags in all classes, but if those mags touch support (any of the naturally supplied hard things or the infrequent piece of wood or table) while shooting, you might get moved to Open.

Are stage diagrams posted anywhere? Trying to figure out how many different types of ammo I need.

You will probably need it all...

There are never any real pistol or rifle hoser stages, but everything else will probably be there in some form. Rifle to 600, slugs to maybe 130 or so and pistol to 100 are very real possibilities. You will probably want some birdshot in the "heavy target", "heavy field" and buckshot flavors. Buckshot is not allowed on some stages, might be on others. You really have to listen to the stage breifs here!

Also, remember that Denise posts "Target Counts" so the doubles on paper are not included. I'd plan on about half of the rifle targets being steel.

What Dan really meant was 3 types EACH of rifle, pistol and shotgun. :surprise: I am bringing 6 different types of birdshot and 4 different types of buckshot. You will probably be fine with a typical set of ammo though. :roflol:

Can we run coupled mags that are equal height as long as we don't use them for support during prone Shooting?

You'd best check with JJ. He has always allowed evenly cinched mags in all classes, but if those mags touch support (any of the naturally supplied hard things or the infrequent piece of wood or table) while shooting, you might get moved to Open.

I did last year and was warned,very strongly, about that. I'm thinking this year it's just not worth the risk.

Mark,

For those that are able to drive, a broad variety of ammo is good. For those that fly, we make do with less selection.

See you all soon!

I know Dan...find me when you get in and I'll get you a little care pack... :cheers:

I did last year and was warned,very strongly, about that. I'm thinking this year it's just not worth the risk.

Then again, you may want to bring it for the last stage if you decide Open is really for you. :devil: