Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

Jesse,

I beleive you can but I would "block" the mag to hold ONLY 20!

I have used and actual wood block under the mag (clipped to length) spring.

That's beyond my level of gun smithing abilities.

Jesse, just watch the inspection holes on your Higher Capacity magazine and stop at 20, these holes are there for a reason :-)

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual it was a wonderful match. Excellent job JJ and Denise! Thanks to all the volunteers and match staff that made it possible. Thank you!

Edited by Huck

Once again, this was a awesome match with some real butt kicker stages. Thanks again to JJ and Denise for all your hard work. I had a great time shooting with Barry Dueck in the early squad. Barry could quite possibly win an award for the worlds nicest dude. I mean, the guy was actually responding to customers on the phone between stages and with a smile on his face.

Too bad the 50cal had to be pulled from the match. I was one of a handfull who hit with it (I'll take a double shot of luck in my latte, thx). Stage 5, the river run 3 gun, was hands down my favorite stage. Way cool fun!

I'm really tired now. After dinner, I'm gonna slip off into a nice little coma. Wake me up when it's time to go snowboarding.

Also, here's a special shout out to Erin for being the most happy, chearfull person, while working herself to exhaustion in 100deg heat. Erin, you make everyone around feel great just by being you. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who came out! With some last minute sponsorships and the extra generosity of our match sponsor JP Enterprises, the prize table was over $225,000!!!! :surprise: Our 3-Gun sponsors were SOOOOOO Generous!!!!! :cheers:

Results should be up soon! We tried to do interim results, but our technology was not up to the task!!!

Congratulations to Daniel Horner, Kuan Watson, James Casanova, Jerry Miculek and Tate Moots, our division winners! :bow:

Both Tate and Kuan have repeated their performance as top He-Men Law for the Eddie Rhodes Memorial Trophy!!! :bow:

In the JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun DPMS Junior Shoot-Off: 1st Cody Leeper, 2nd Katie Harris, 3rd Brian Nelson with J.D. Wilcox and Wyatt Gibson 4th and 5th. Thanks to DPMS for the $3750 cash for the prices! :bow:

Congrats to Paul Benson who won the JP Enterprises' 10th anniversary CTR-02 Rifle at the Trijicon Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit!

Special thanks to our stats crew who had everything entered and were doing final checks less than a half hour after the shooters finished! When our stages were 10 miles apart this year...that's pretty special! :cheers:

This year's RO crew spent an extra day at the range to be sure stages were more consistent, shot in just 2 days and worked 3 days straight including running almost 100 shooters on Thursday in 100 degree heat!

Thanks to the USMC Combat Shooting Team for coming out to work the match!

Thanks also to the many local people who came out to set up this year. It was a big help! Thanks Brad, Mike P, Mike G, John B, Rich D, Tom C, George, Curtis, and a few others that I'm too tired to remember!

We couldn't have done it without all of you!! :wub:

Just thanks so much for all the kind words and we hope you all had a good and challenging time!!!!

JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2013 will be August 1-3.

In 2014, we're planning the JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Shoot - August 5-10, 2014.

Thanks allllll.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Denise and JJ

Thank you! For another great match!

Even with Luke’s (Trip) to DQ 9 Dairy Queen!:ph34r:

we had a good time and enjoyed the always unique scenic adding to the challenge only the RM3G can offer!

Thanks to the RO’s friendly and knowledgeable. That kept the match moving! And kept it enjoyable!

It will be fun to look through the scores to see the numbers verifying that yes I am now OLD and SLOW!

Can’t wait for next year!

A Big Thanks to all the Staff at RM3G, especially to Dave S for putting up with my chit-chat during the shotgun stage. This was an incredible match, even the deer on stage 9 enjoyed the match.

BTW: This is what the JP Enterprises' 10th anniversary CTR-02 Rifle at the Trijicon Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit looks like sitting on my living room floor.

Even though I thanked John Paul on Saturday, I will be calling him today with another thanks. JP's support of the RM3G is nothing short of unbelievable! What a great man and company.

Thank you Denise.

Squad six was an awesome squad! Thank you for all your help for only my third match in three years.

post-11054-0-70253700-1344869636_thumb.j

Wow!!! What a weekend. That is easily the toughest match I have ever participated in. Kudos to the RO's for chasing us around and around and around again. I know you guys and gals covered several dusty miles over the last 5 days. The match admin was again flawless this year. Seeing scores every day is a big plus when every second counts.

Huge thanks to all of the Sponsors! That prize table was amazing!!! I am still amazed at the level of support this industry gives to this sport.

A big thanks goes out to John Paul Gangle from JP Enterprises. Those first place and the 10th anniversary rifles were jaw dropping beautiful. Despite being sponsored by another Rifle manufacture I always run some JP parts in my guns to say thanks for being such a big sponsor of the sport.

Last but definitely not least a huge addaboy and girl to Denise and JJ. Your level of dedication and hard work is unparalleled. I can't imagine how much time you must put into this match do all of us can come enjoy ourselves. Thanks again, I think I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate what you do.

....and.....and.....

I WILL ALWAYS ENTHUSIASTICALLY USE A 1911-STYLE PISTOL AT RM3G DUE TO THE PROGRESSIVE ABANDONMENT PROCEDURES, MATERIALS (BARRELS, ETC.) AND PENALTIES!!!

Every abandonment and retrieval went smoothly and without incident for our squad...veterans to newbies....full unload to safety on - loaded.

RM3G has it right!

ericm (the CREATOR)

....and.....and.....

I WILL ALWAYS ENTHUSIASTICALLY USE A 1911-STYLE PISTOL AT RM3G DUE TO THE PROGRESSIVE ABANDONMENT PROCEDURES, MATERIALS (BARRELS, ETC.) AND PENALTIES!!!

Every abandonment and retrieval went smoothly and without incident for our squad...veterans to newbies....full unload to safety on - loaded.

RM3G has it right!

ericm (the CREATOR)

I must have missed something???

....and.....and.....

RM3G has it right!

ericm (the CREATOR)

Eric is part of the very elite team of shooters that created Rocky Mountain 3-Gun back in 2003 from the SOF matches. They ran the last of those as well!!! Thus, he is the "creator" of RM3G.

Edited by Benelli Chick

....and.....and.....

RM3G has it right!

ericm (the CREATOR)

Eric is part of the very elite team of shooters that created Rocky Mountain 3-Gun back in 2003 from the SOF matches. They ran the last of those as well!!! Thus, he is the "creator" of RM3G.

Yeah I knew that. I figured the comments about pistol abondonment had another meaning. I hate rumors so I figured I'd ask.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

"elite"??? That is, perhaps, too strong of a word...... :ph34r:

We were there at the right time, the NRA Whittington Center was great to work with, JP generously offered to underwrite the whole shebang and.......HIS-TOR-Y.

What the Mayor may be refering to is that inadvertantly leaving or accidently wiping the safety off on any gun, when properly abandonded in the most excellent RM3G barrels, is NOT a match DQ, but a 30 second procedural.

I can race with those odds....

ericm

Edited by ericm

JJ, Denise,

Best one yet! Great stages! Much easier to find targets then previous years but still very challenging. Really liked stages like 3 where the shooter has to run a lot but the reset crew didn't. Very good plan on that one.

Also thanks for arranging for the bears to go by on Wednesday so I could finally see them. Such a great facility. Always fun to burn up all the extra shotgun ammo on the 5 stand field before flying home too.

I appreciate all the hard work from the setup crew, Ro's and Marines Also a big thanks to John Paul for his generous sponsorship. The 10 yr CTR was a piece of art.

Carl

"elite"??? That is, perhaps, too strong of a word...... :ph34r:

We were there at the right time, the NRA Whittington Center was great to work with, JP generously offered to underwrite the whole shebang and.......HIS-TOR-Y.

What the Mayor may be refering to is that inadvertantly leaving or accidently wiping the safety off on any gun, when properly abandonded in the most excellent RM3G barrels, is NOT a match DQ, but a 30 second procedural.

I can race with those odds....

ericm

Thats it! I was pleasantly suprised that dropping an unloaded firearm wasn't a DQ either. Simply abandon the gun in your hands when finished then go get the inadvertently discarded weapon and drive on. Good stuff right there!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

John Paul is certainly the man. Lots of other extremely generous sponsors as well. Noveski had a "2012 RM3G" engraved and fully tricked out rifle on the table. Thanks Noveski! DPMS gave away about 10 rifles. Thanks DPMS! POF isn't as common a brand in 3gun, but they gave away half a dozen rifles including one 308. Thankyou POF! Team Remington brought half a dozen guns, including some Versamax shotguns (I happily snapped one up). Thankyou Reminton for your generous support. Dreadnaught brought a fully loaded rifle specifically for the 50% finisher, which was particularly classy. Thankyou Dreadnaught! Nordic is a small company and yet they are always very generous to support our sport. They had a rifle on the table and a truck load of accessories. Thankyou Nordic! XD and Keltec both provided quite a few pistols. Thankyou to XD and Keltec. There was tons of glass on the table, from Leupold, Burris and Vortex, including about a dozen Viper HD binos. Thankyou to Leupold, Vortex and Burris. You guys are all awesome! Americase showed up with a dozen or so really nice travel cases designed specifically for shooting sports. Thankyou Americase!

One of the coolest things to see from sponsors is the support of the Juniors, specifically. DPMS put up some generous prize money just for the junior shoot off. Thankyou DPMS!

I was so tired by Sat afternoon, it's all a bit of a blurr. I didn't spend much time hangin around the prize table, but those were some of the one's I saw. There were 100 or so sponsors, so everyone walked away with something and there was even some left overs. Totally amazing!

Thank you, JJ and Denise and all the setup crew, RO's and staff for the hard work you put into this year’s match. I do know how much effort it takes to put this match on and I am REALLY glad that there are people like you all out there willing to do it. That was definitely the toughest match I have shot all year, in one of the most beautiful locations in the country. Way to go again!

Also, a huge Thank you to all of the sponsors for making this and all the matches possible! Once again the prize table was amazing and I finally got to pick up the JP rifle at the head of the LI table! :goof: Thank you John and everyone at JP for the incredible support you give to 3-Gun!

Finally; thank you to Squad 12, it was great shooting with all of you again! I look forward to the next time; until then good shooting!

James

What a great match! This was my 3rd year RO'ing the match and will diffidently not be the last. A big Thank you for JJ & Denise for running such a high class 3gun Match year after year, and hope for many more years to come. Thanks to all the sponsors for putting great products on the prize table and further supporting a great 3gun Match, and most of all Thank you JP for another great year of Match sponsorship! While I've only been to a handful of Major 3gun matches, I've never seen quite the quantity and quality of loot that JP has placed on the prize table done anywhere else over the years, and this year was no exception! I've pretty much lost count but besides the great certs for triggers, lowers, and recoil systems I believe I saw 2 CTR .308s, 3 CTR .223's, and 1 10year CTR rifle... JUST WOW!

Now its time to cleanup the car, check ammo, and ready up for the ProAM.