Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

get a case feeder or just buy a 1050?

hi guys. i have a 550 and i use around 800rounds a wk of 40cal.

i am getting tired to feeding cases to my 550, contemplating on buying a case feeder for the 550b.

i asked a friend and he advised skip the BS and just get the1050. does he make sense or is it more practical to get the case feeder upgrade?

inputs guys?

i asked a friend and he advised skip the BS and just get the1050. does he make sense or is it more practical to get the case feeder upgrade?

If this is your question, I agree with your friend. Skip the BS and get the 1050. While the 1050 may not be that much faster in terms of rounds per hour, you will create more consistent ammo with less effort, having to stop less often to clean/lube the press.

I just added a casefeeder to my 550b. It's the next logical step IMO. Works great. Minimal learning curve and I didn't need to sell and buy all new equipment. I can load 100 rds every 10-15 minutes easily. 800 rds with refilling the primers and maybe more powder( I shoot large caliber) might take me 2 hrs. Yes I know you people with a 1050 can do it in 30secs. :sight: If you ONLY load 40 than I could see the 1050. If you load more than one caliber, the price and time is not worth it IMO. Either way, if it's a Dillon, it's tough to make a bad choice. If you decide to go 1050 hang on to the 550.It will always come in handy. Good luck.:D

I just added a casefeeder to my 550b. It's the next logical step IMO. Works great. Minimal learning curve and I didn't need to sell and buy all new equipment. I can load 100 rds every 10-15 minutes easily. 800 rds with refilling the primers and maybe more powder( I shoot large caliber) might take me 2 hrs. Yes I know you people with a 1050 can do it in 30secs. :sight: If you ONLY load 40 than I could see the 1050. If you load more than one caliber, the price and time is not worth it IMO. Either way, if it's a Dillon, it's tough to make a bad choice. If you decide to go 1050 hang on to the 550.It will always come in handy. Good luck.:D

Agree 100%. I added the casefeeder and Hornady bullet feeder to my 550b. Its an allstar. For me I load a bunch of different calibers so I didn't want to reinvest in all new conversions, toolheads, etc. If you are just loading 40, then moving to a 650 or 1050 isn't a bad idea.

Consider a 650 with a bullet feeder instead. It will crank out a lot of ammo very fast. Faster then 1050 with out a bullet feeder. Main thing with a 1050 and a 550 is your going to have to remember to push to prime with the 550 once you get used to the 1050. Not a huge issue but a consideration if you going to be switching a lot back and forth.

hi guys. i have a 550 and i use around 800rounds a wk of 40cal.

i am getting tired to feeding cases to my 550, contemplating on buying a case feeder for the 550b.

inputs guys?

One thing to know if you put a Casefeeder on a 550, and will at some point set the press up to load any rifle ammo (the 550's Casefeeder will not work with rifle) - it's a PITA to remove the Casefeeder so you can load rifle ammo.

be