He-Man National Championship

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if you live at over a mile high regularly! :roflol:

So, I guess the answer is "Yes."

But, do real "He-Man" really need air???? :devil:

It's a beautiful place to shoot, and it's a bit over 6000 ft! There are bear and cougars and pronghorn and deer and turkeys (I mean the birds, it's not a comment on any shooters! :blink: ) and snakes! The scenery is like no other!

Hydrating is a great way to deal with altitude! :ph34r:

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Is this match at the same place where folks need to adjust to altitiude?

Mike,

I don't think you can adjust for the altitude in a short time, if you're a lowlander like myself.

As Denise said, the facility is awesome, and the area is beautiful. I saw mule deer and antelope daily, young elk on the way to the range, and no live snakes.

I think I'm going to have to reconfigure my M1A and get me a pump gun. Not to mention start keeping an eye on airfare.

If you are going to be there...you can count us in as well :cheers:

Now do I need to buy three new guns, or Six :blink:

Ah...I will just make her shoot Wee-man :roflol:

Crap :goof: Have you priced 308 ammo :o

Jim

I think I'm going to have to reconfigure my M1A and get me a pump gun. Not to mention start keeping an eye on airfare.

If you are going to be there...you can count us in as well :cheers:

Now do I need to buy three new guns, or Six :blink:

Ah...I will just make her shoot Wee-man :roflol:

Crap :goof: Have you priced 308 ammo :o

Jim

Hell, I don't know how many guns. I just need one more, thank goodness. I still have .308 brass and a bunch of bullets to put inside them. We could always shoot Garands! I still have a bunch of '06 ball.

I might have to pick Pat Kelley's brain a bit though.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Not if you live at over a mile high regularly! :roflol:

So, I guess the answer is "Yes."

But, do real "He-Man" really need air???? :devil:

It's a beautiful place to shoot, and it's a bit over 6000 ft! There are bear and cougars and pronghorn and deer and turkeys (I mean the birds, it's not a comment on any shooters! :blink: ) and snakes! The scenery is like no other!

Hydrating is a great way to deal with altitude! :ph34r:

Denise

Hydration: cabin #1, Coors light.....any questions?

:cheers:

I had planned on making a trip to Raton in 2012, but figured it would be in August.....

To save travel expenses, JJ & Denise- do you think I could just stay at your place from June until RM3G? :roflol:

I don't know if I'll be able to make it, but thanks for putting this on. I think it's a great idea. :cheers:

I had planned on making a trip to Raton in 2012, but figured it would be in August.....

To save travel expenses, JJ & Denise- do you think I could just stay at your place from June until RM3G? :roflol:

I don't know if I'll be able to make it, but thanks for putting this on. I think it's a great idea. :cheers:

Bryan, I think you should skip this match. :roflol:

I guess I could go cut their electrical, that way you will have something to do for 2 months... :cheers:

Sure, I have 3 reloaders in the basement...I could lock you down there and put you to work... :)

Just so you know! We totally didn't want to step on anyone's toes, but because of Whittington Centers' schedule, we could only have June 2-3...So, if for any reason, you are an amateur for Ironman and want to shoot the He-Man Championship...just let us know (when apps come out) and you can shoot with the RO's May 31, June 1 and make it up to the Ironman!

We know the Ironman is one of the matches you all look forward to all year, and we don't want to get in the way! :cheers:

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Mike,

no PF or crono, just being able to knock down pistol or shotgun steel and hit long range rifle targets is kinda self regulating in power factor. See www.rm3g.com for the full rule set on our HEMAN divisions.

Dano,

closest commercial airport is Clorado Springs (COS), 2 hour drive. (DEN & ABQ are 4 hrs) There is a airport right by the range, but only charters or private aircraft land there, its long enough for a small jet thou.

Seems to be quite a bit of interest in this match...did I open a can o worms? :)

.jj

ETA; actually the closest commercial airport is Pueblo, CO...but only a few small flights a day.

Edited by RiggerJJ

We posted the application!

Here's a link to the He-Man Championship page of the website! The application is on a link right near the top! home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun

Thanks to JP Enterprises, StagArms, Spec-Ops and XS Sights for signing on as sponsors before I've even started hitting people up! How generous! :bow:

See all you "He-Men" and maybe a few "wee-men" in June! :devil:

Denise

Edited to add the link! :angry2: Good grief!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Seems to be quite a bit of interest I this match...did I open a can o worms? :)

.jj

JJ,

I think you just gave people a push to try He Man, myself included. Some of us only need to aquire 1 gun, others maybe more. We need an excuse to buy more toys. Now to get ammo for practice, and work on some for the match.

Denise,

The link directs me to a PUB file that I can't open.

I have never had this problem with any other file.

Might you have an alternate before someone tells me I have to upgrade or donwload some kind of fix?

Thanks

Patrick

Looks like it is a MS Publisher doc, ooops

will convert it to a PDF tonite, sorry... :cheers:

jj

I have been all excited, talking it up around the house, working out a travel plan to make this match. My wife says "What days in June?" Turns out, it is the same weekend as my 10yo daughters dance recital. I managed to make the Pro-AM on the weekend of my 25th wedding anniversary, but can't look at my little girl and tell her I am going shooting and miss the culmination of several months of work for her.

Thank ya'll for putting on a HM only match, maybe there will be another that I can get to.

Hurley