Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm sure there will be a process for applying for slots. The good news is it's here. The bad news is the slots are still divided among the regions. We only received 76 (I think) slots for the shoot in Greece. Hopefully we'll get more for 2014 since this year there was a bit of an issue with that. However, demand is going to far outstrip supply for available slots no matter what we do. Mike and Phil are both in Greece right now. I wouldn't count on there being any decision made until they get back, and until the President election goes through. The 2014 will be during the tenure of whoever wins this election.

Don't panic about slots.

AFAIK, each member region with 2000 or more members get the same number of spots, and smaller regions have proportionally less.

Realisticly, we're not state sponsored Olympians. We're (aside from a few pro's) working from our own wallets and vacation schedules.

Many of the larger regions will not use all the slots they are assigned. Some (like Canada) may ask for more.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are working on results, they had a power outage. Expect to see something tomorrow. The top shooters will shoot the final five days of the match, (each squad has a day off), so any results from today won't have much meaning until the top dogs have gone through anyway.

This is pretty cool news. If I can't get a slot, I wonder if team Dominican Republic needs shooters? ;)

Yeah... all you have to do is reside there for 180 days of the previous 12 months I think. Get creative with the vacation schedule :D :D

that is awesome, is it confirmed that they will be in florida or are they still waiting on some vote.

whether to shoot or help i will be there

Confirmed. Will be in Fla, barring major seismic shifts (like, say major new nutty US gun laws or something) in many places.

Wish they had field courses like this at USPSA Nationals... actual shooting on the move!

Yeah, those decreasing-size cooper tunnels got a few people I know. Bummer we see those so rarely anymore. It's our first stage tomorrow morning, so will be fun...

Well, we made it through the Labyrinth, but a couple of us got bit at the Fruit Cart :(

Maybe some photos later...

Btw, if anybody at the match needs .40 Long OMA or .38 Supercomp, drop me a line.

If in Florida, it needs to be in late October on November. It was way to rainy and hot at Universal Shooting Academy for the IDPA Worlds which just ended 8 days ago. Having said that, I want to be there even if it is 105 degrees, 100% humidity and rain every day!

September and October were the months mentioned in the presentation. Final dates to be confirmed after further discussion.

Thailand's presentation was good but the presentation of behalf of the US was superb, very slick, very professional. If I'm honest I'm surprised the vote was as close as it was - I would have expected a few more votes for the US on the presentation alone. The US team (4) deserve your congratulations - they put in a huge amount of work in their presentation.

Judging by what I saw it promises to be an excellent event. Hell, the shooting will be pretty good as well! :rolleyes:

Is there any way to see the presentations?

Not easily, IMO.

There was a video and a PowerPoint presentation. All 4 spoke but Frank Garcia and at least one of the others spokes 2 or perhaps 3 times. The presentation lasted over 15 minutes and covered accommodation, visas, permits, hospitality, the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony, the IPSC Assembly, tourism, families. The State of Florida was significantly involved and the team had the backing of great many people, including (as I saw it) local government (and the Governor to some extent at least).

At this match level presentations are generally good, and getting better as time goes by, but like I said, this was an excellent presentation by any standard.