Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

I'll have some IPSC stages for you shortly, directly from Europe!

A few stages to test the mettle of us USA shooters and to help some that are going to fight the good fight in Hungry for the World Championship!

Patrick

Patrick, that would be awesome. Thank you!

Lets get you boys ready for the Level 5 in Hungry. Good stuff!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope there is more shotgun loading and faster shooting than the Pan American match.

You know there is a difference between American stages and IPSC stages.....I had to follow their guidance but I allowed you to step on the gas on some stages.

Larry

I hope there is more shotgun loading and faster shooting than the Pan American match.

You know there is a difference between American stages and IPSC stages.....I had to follow their guidance but I allowed you to step on the gas on some stages.

Larry

I should have been more clear. I didn't like the IPSC ratio of all those short and medium courses and very few long field courses.

Stage design at PanAm was good just gets boring shooting only 8 rounds four stages in a row. I'd love another crack at that 8 Roy d speed shoot in those big 10-12" squares. That was awesome! That stage would make for some good video of all the shooters.

Were reloads allowed on the 8 round stages (and/or extra shots) or are we talking something like Virginia Count?

(Not that it would matter, having to reload in a quick stage is gonna separate the winners and losers anyway)

Edited by GunCat

Were reloads allowed on the 8 round stages (and/or extra shots) or are we talking something like Virginia Count?

(Not that it would matter, having to reload in a quick stage is gonna separate the winners and losers anyway)

I don't remeber any virginia count. Larry had to get creative to come up with different 7-10 round stages. Different target shapes, different target distances, different start posisitions etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I see the listing on Rock castles website. How do I send in registration for it?

Seperate MATCH WEBSITE

Does this match usually fill up or is it possible to get in a few weeks prior?

The match could fill but I doubt it given the larger than normal amount of shooters who would take to fill the match. Shotgun stages also turn very quickly and for me they are the most fun since you never have to wonder if you neutralized the target. Shotgun over at Rock Castle is like cake and ice cream. One is good but they are best together.

• 2 weeks later...

So who wants to take a guess how hot it will be come match time? If figure with the record warmth now, and the lack of winter before this....we should be in for an interesting summer!

I say everyone puts in a dollar, closes guess to temp gets the pot. :roflol:

So who wants to take a guess how hot it will be come match time? If figure with the record warmth now, and the lack of winter before this....we should be in for an interesting summer!

I'm thinking the summer will be cooler this year. My theory is we are seeing temperatures staying closer to the median with less extremes on the hot OR cold side...I hope....a guy can dream can't he? :blush:

Hot or cold , come what may, I'll being shooting at the Rock. :goof:

I'm thinking the summer will be cooler this year. My theory is we are seeing temperatures staying closer to the median with less extremes on the hot OR cold side...I hope....a guy can dream can't he? :blush:

I would add to the pot but I'm prepping for a super volcano.

NOAA's prediction is that we have a strengthening La Nina going into the summer, which should mean above average temperatures for KY. ;)

NOAA's prediction is that we have a strengthening La Nina going into the summer, which should mean above average temperatures for KY. ;)

No problem with cooling off, just find one of the caves....they stay about 58 degrees year 'round.

Im only 7 hours North, but every time Ive been there recently the average temp is about 108, plus or minus 50 degress LOL. How does it get more "above average" than that. :surprise:

I sent in some course designs that should be a bit of fun for those coming to shoot, look forward to another good weekend at the Rock! :devil::sight::eatdrink::cheers:

Hey Jeff: I wish you would post those - or send them to me - we are planning a shotgun match in Oak Ridge TN on March 31. 6 stages on USPSA style bays is the plan. We now have a whole bunch of those little steel plates w/stands like you used at Rockcastle. Come up and shoot with us. I think I can get Todd Seigmund and James Clayton to entertain you.

Stages will be posted up on the match website with round count also sometime in around mid April. I am going through all the stages that were sent in and placing them in zones. There will be 4 zones with 6 stages per zone.

We have decided to run 24 stages instead of 20.

You guys are going to really like the stages that were designed by a great group of guys. Pat Kelley, Joe Satterfield, Jeff Cramblitt, and Neil Beverly.

Looking for transportation DOWN ONLY. no gear,baggage or picky ways.

I live in Akron Ohio. due some logistics problems my guys are not leaving till very late to drive 7 hrs.I want to go thursday as early as possible. (not crack of dawn). If i was there by 3:00 p.m., that would be fine.I live off rte-21 & i-76. i need a ride DOWN THERE ONLY . i have all else covered.

My guys will bring gear and i will be staying and riding with them.

Anyone close, my wife will bring me to a meet up. i will help with 50% of the gas regardless of riders.

Thur., u can drop me at Rock Castle when ever we arrive. If this doesn't happen i will just rent a 1-way car and drop in Bowling Green, Jeff Cramlit is a close friend and he said someone will pick me up. that is a huge pain. this would be easier. i shot this last year and had a ball. If i am alive ,im'a goin'.

if anyone is close or can help it would be appreciated.

B.L Farley

1-800-508-1040

blf@odspec.com

leave a number or email me direct