Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

Just saw the stages - screwing in my improved modified choke now... :lol:

Looks like it's going to be a blast! :cheers:

I think Briley and Carlsons might be sponsoring 3gun matches now. I think I literally changed tubes for every stage at CMMG. :D

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look like awesome stages.

As far as birdshot is concerned, is there limitation to size?

The rules only define number of pellets for buck.

No limitation on shot size for bird.

Stages look great. Some questions:

1. the targets that appear to be steel plates on low stands - What size & weight? Anybody have a photo or description of what they are?

2. What happens if you shoot a bird target with buckshot?

3. I would assume that if you shoot a paper buck target with bird, you're just wasting time and ammo. Correct?

4. Will paper slug targets be 1 A zone hit or 2 anywhere on paper to neutralize? or what?

5. Same question for buckshot. How many pellets (and where) will be required to neutralize?

1. the targets that appear to be steel plates on low stands - What size & weight? Anybody have a photo or description of what they are?

3. I would assume that if you shoot a paper buck target with bird, you're just wasting time and ammo. Correct?

4. Will paper slug targets be 1 A zone hit or 2 anywhere on paper to neutralize? or what?

5. Same question for buckshot. How many pellets (and where) will be required to neutralize?

1. 90 percent of the steel knockdowns are 4"x6" square plates

2. It will be a procedural

3. It will be a procedural

4. 1 A zone or 2 anywhere on paper and 2 on steel

5. 2 pellets in the A zone/ +2.5 for C zone and +5 for D zone

1. 90 percent of the steel knockdowns are 4"x6" square plates

2. It will be a procedural

3. It will be a procedural

5. 2 pellets in the A zone/ +2.5 for C zone and +5 for D zone

Thanks. Are the circles on tall posts clays or small round steel?

Just saw the stages - screwing in my improved modified choke now... :lol:

Looks like it's going to be a blast! :cheers:

You think? I can't tell the distances well enough to say Light Mod won't do. My IM has never been used.

If the above answer is correct and you shoot 2 on all paper I count 62 slugs. I'm not complaining. I just need to remember to bring that many.

The slugs are 1 hit in the A or C Zone or 2 hits on paper using classic targets(there 24 of them). 2 hits on steel(there are 3 of them). If you choose not to aim and go for 2 slugs on paper then yes you will shoot a lot more slugs than most shooters.

This will be my first time at Rockcastle.

Getting from stage to stage, do we have to cover long distance or are all the stages relatively close together?

Is driving to stages an option?

Trying to decide whether I need to bring a cart for my gear or if I can carry it all.

12 stages on Sat, in the heat, carrying all that lead, sounds like something I want to try and avoid if possible.

No no-shoot clays.

No need for a cart. Every stage is very accessible. You may have to walk about 50 yards to 2 stages.

Guys and gals, I am heading to Rockcastle tomorrow for the match. Will have limited internet and phone accessibility. If you have any questions please be patience and I will answer them in the evenings at the lodge.

Look forward to seeing everyone next week.

This will be my first time at Rockcastle.

Getting from stage to stage, do we have to cover long distance or are all the stages relatively close together?

Is driving to stages an option?

Trying to decide whether I need to bring a cart for my gear or if I can carry it all.

12 stages on Sat, in the heat, carrying all that lead, sounds like something I want to try and avoid if possible.

I've been to a few "big" matches at Rockcastle. Every match so far you drive your vehicle to the stage or stage area and work from your vehicle. Sometimes you may have to park (think logging road through the woods) and walk in a bit to get to the stage area, but usually not to far. A cart would be over kill.

Bring bug spray. The ticks are on the move this time of year.

I'm in middle TN. I usually wear shorts and spray boots socks and lower legs in the am and again mid-day, if I remember. Seems to keep them at bay here.

Its way to hot for long pants for me.

See you there!

The ticks don't seem to care what you wear.

One thing you might try is to get there a day early and drink to excess the night before going onto the range. That way if you get bit by one it may pass out and fall off....and have a worse headache than you.