Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell? Is it necessary

Blue Jacket

Been shooting three gun for a couple of years. Looking to make some mods to my Glock 35. Since I have owned (its been about 5 years now) it I have put a KKM barrel on it (I shoot lead reloads), heine rear and warren FO front and a vanek trigger.

I was thinking of adding a dawson magwell, but was wondering how much it really helps. Coming from single stack land its already got a large opening. Just wondering what others experiences have been.

Or should I look at another brand.

Thanks

Edited by Blue Jacket

If you have your reloads down to a science and you never miss then it will do you no real benefit other than giving you something to help keep your hand in one spot. If you are like the rest of us then it has the added benefit of giving you that extra bit of space to guide the mag in when you fumble that mag as you run to the next position. 99 times out of 100 you make a smooth reload, but that one time you fumble it.... :surprise:

I bought one and my hands don't even touch it, It does help with sloppy reloads, but does nothing for my grip.

I don't know if others are larger but I am going to try a slug. If I don't like it I will mill it off and leave it in there for the weight.

One last quick question. I am better going with the standard or heavy?

Thanks

If you are shooting Time-Plus ot IMGA style 3 gun using minor PF, the added weight is not big deal. If shooting major, the weight on the bottom does help take out a tad of muzzle flip.