Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Postcard from Vegas

BritinUSA

There's a wonderful scene in the movie Beetlejuice where the newly deceased Adam and Barbara find themselves in a waiting room holding a ticket with a huge number on it and settle down to wait for a few months for their appointment.... Checking in to the Riviera Hotel is just like that.... only longer. The line was headed out the door by the time I finally got through the interminable process.

Just a heads up, if you have your reservation number and credit card handy you may want to try the express check-in booths located in the same area as you may be able to save some time this way,

The Monaco Tower is right by the car park and seems pretty decent, the room is clean and has a refrigerator for the gallons of Gatorade that I'll be drinking over the next few days. A flat-screen tv sits on the wall, and the room smells like no-one has ever stayed here..... cheers.gif

The car park has a low roof, if your humungous pick-up truck, humvee, tank etc. is over 6' 10" you may want to find other accommodation for your four wheeled monstrosity. There are a couple of elevators to take you to the various levels of the car park but they are small, a tad slow and look exactly like someone was murdered in them. So try to fit everything you need into things you can carry easily and use the stairs to save some time.... or have your driver meet you at the bottom.

Its 5:30pm and the temperature is about 85F, Saturday which is the first day of shooting should peak out in the mid to high 80's which suits me just fine thank you very much. Much better than the anticipated 100+ thats for sure.

Registration opens tomorrow at 1pm local and the range opens at the same time. Once I've scanned the stages I will try and post some pictures of them for the benefit of those shooting the later match, it may give you a taste of what is to come.

not to get off all the cool photos , but looks like Jerry did it again, :cheers:

According to the scores from last night, Matt Griffin has 815.8272 points after shooting stages 7-18. Jerry has 864.2944 points after shooting stages 7-18 and 3.

And Jerry scored 54.6608 points on stage 3.

...so today should be an interesting day.

not to get off all the cool photos , but looks like Jerry did it again, :cheers:

According to the scores from last night, Matt Griffin has 815.8272 points after shooting stages 7-18. Jerry has 864.2944 points after shooting stages 7-18 and 3.

You know you are right,I failed to look and see all stages were not scored,,Mat may need his big hat,,

That's what it looks like. Is it odd that Jerry has been scored for stage 3 when he's in the same squad as Matt, Mike, et al? Matt made a comment that the first day was a mess but I haven't had a chance to get the details.