Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Postcard from Vegas

BritinUSA

I added the final write up for Day 4

And some new pictures from the final day are at the bottom of this page (you may have to hit the REFRESH button on your browser)

The Limited/Production match begins tomorrow afternoon for the top shooters. All four Super Squads are shooting at the same time, am-pm-am over the next three days.

I've come up with a new dieting plan... its called the 'Nationals-crash-diet' or 'How to lose 7 pounds in 7 days'.

A steady intake of Gatorade Zero, Monster Energy drinks and granola/energy bars for seven days, along with sweating in the Las Vegas sunshine running around from one berm to another trying to cover multiple squads at the same time, has left me wasted.

The 5.5 hours of sleep I was getting each night probably helped to burn a few extra calories though categorizing 4614 photographs (seriously) and editing the video was the most lethargic thing I have done over the past week.

So, if you are looking to drop a few pounds next year I hear USPSA is always looking for suckers volunteers to help with the match.

Some observations from Nationals:

1. Prize awards for both matches was INFINITELY better than last year, no scrum, no pushing no yelling, screaming etc....

2. Every time someone clicks on something in my web-site it scores a hit. I have had just over half-a-million hits since Nationals started !!!

3. My web-site was updated every night with a short review of the days action along with photographs and video (the same could not be said for USPSA.org which apart from scores had nothing about action at the match).

4. Location of the vendor tent was much better and avoided the gridlock that plagued the lower corner in the previous two years.

5. Range crew was great (as always) though they looked a little ragged at the end of the match.

6. New trophies were awesome.