Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where's the 40?

XDman

I was talking to the gun shop owner yesterday that I got my 5.25 from and he said had several 40 S&W versions on order but did not know the delivery date. If the 40 is anything like the 9mm I'm in for one.

Edited by xdnok

I contacted SA about the 5.25 in .40 and what I got is that it will be available soon, but she did not know exactly when other than the very near future. My guess (per an email from a sales rep) is that they know, or at least have a good idea but cannot say.

Edited by Iggy42

OK, so SA brings out the 5.25 in 9mm. Great for production, but what about 40 for the limited and Multigun crowd(me included)? Is there anything in the works?

Uh,, I have a 5.25 in 9mm on order JUST FOR multigun. I will shoot my 45 in USPSA but 9 is good to go in multigun.

This from another popular gun forum:

Spoke to a Springfield rep today at a sports show and according to him the 5.25 is going to be released in .45 as soon as next week or two and the .40 will be out by early November. He didn't know why they were putting out the .45 before the .40, but I guess it is what it is

Tnek,

No offense meant. Should have said for shooting Major in Limited and Multigun. :cheers:

No worries. I dont care for multigun matches that use USPSA rules and luckily the ones in my area dont.

I know its early to say, but anyone have a rough idea how much the a 5.25 XDM 40 bi-tone (SS/Black) is going to run. One of my local FFL's quoted me a price based on the 9mm since they tend to be the same, but it seemed high. Well lately most of their prices are high. They used to beat MSRP listed on the manufacturers websites, now they have been going over by quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have to wait, I made my own.

I saw, but I have a feeling having you do the conversion is going to be out of my budget.

Although I like that red, any chance you have something in green kicking around? Planning on going with a bi-tone, but having a black one refinished with a green (and green basepads) is more my style.

Hmmmm wonder if I could get the wife interested if I did a green and gold since those where the colors for our wedding.......

Budsgunshop shows a skew for the .40 so it will be out eventually.

Yeah I know its coming I just want to know when. Trying to pick up one and a commander 1911 on very limited funds and since I have a government 1911 a 5.25 in .40S&W is first on the list

• 2 weeks later...

The .40's are here, I've got a shipment and we will have the 4P+ Limited Pistols ready for sale.

4P enhancements:

Trigger job 2# and up

Extended release/B1 release

Tungsten guide rod 3/8" or 5/16"

Full width front fiber optic sight to your specified width

Traction grip enhancement

Barrel/frame/slide refit

The +

CC magwell

4-140mm CC magazines(21+1 capacity)

Rich

The .40's are here, I've got a shipment and we will have the 4P+ Limited Pistols ready for sale.

4P enhancements:

Trigger job 2# and up

Barrel/frame/slide refit

The +

CC magwell

Rich

You have a price worked out yet for all that?

4P enhancements:

Trigger job 2# and up

Barrel/frame/slide refit

The +

CC magwell

Rich

You have a price worked out yet for all that?

The price will be $1,550.00 shipped to your FFL.

Rich