Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian mags weld question

Alaskapopo

I tried one of the 28 rounds from highercapacity mags.com and it only runs with FMJ bullets. I think this is due to it using new style caspian mags which are more intolerant of longer oal ammo. Regardless I tried loading JHP's as short as 1.225 in this mag without luck. This makes this mag kind of useless to me as the bullets that shoot the best in my gun are 124 grain Montana Gold JHP's.

The mag I purchased with my pistol holds 27 and runs just fine. So I ordered some more of the older syle mags from gun broker and I want to find someone who can make me a mag like the one in the picture. Any ideas.

Caspian.jpg

+5 for Jim and caspian anything. how is that gun running? I remember it in the classifieds when I was a californian. it's all about the day glow grip tape! seriously though. how do like Caspian vs 2011? has it been reliable aside from your mag related issues?

+5 for Jim and caspian anything. how is that gun running? I remember it in the classifieds when I was a californian. it's all about the day glow grip tape! seriously though. how do like Caspian vs 2011? has it been reliable aside from your mag related issues?

Yes its been a good gun for me. But this gun was never in the classifieds here. I got it from a local shooter. I prefer the 2011 but I only paid 1000 for this gun.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I assume he means that the tubes weren't clamped straight. There is a "kink" where the 2 meet at the weld. the whole mag appears bent because of it. I doubt that's the problem though. if the gun will hold a mag and drop it freely, the OAL shouldn't be affected... or should it depending on the slop inside the grip surface and the mag inserted? if the follower/feedlips are angled differently than straighter conjoined inserted mags, I could see how JHPs could hang up.

JL

That crooked mag in the picture is a 27 round mag in the description, so i take it is NOT one of Sahlberg's. (highercapacity)

I have an older 28 rounder Sahlberg and I just bought a 29 rounder from him and both run fine with supercomp brass, and the 27 rounder runs super also, I havent tried it in the 29 rounder but I only shoot FMJ's.

Also have you contacted him? I have a very good impression of the guy and would assume if there was something wrong with one of his products he'd fix it. I know he offers a tune up program on his mags if they are older,

Edited by Joe4d

That crooked mag in the picture is a 27 round mag in the description, so i take it is NOT one of Sahlberg's. (highercapacity)

I have an older 28 rounder Sahlberg and I just bought a 29 rounder from him and both run fine with supercomp brass, and the 27 rounder runs super also, I havent tried it in the 29 rounder but I only shoot FMJ's.

Also have you contacted him? I have a very good impression of the guy and would assume if there was something wrong with one of his products he'd fix it. I know he offers a tune up program on his mags if they are older,

The mag in the picture runs great and its not one of Sahlberg's. The 28 round mag I have from Sahlberg only works with FMJ ammo and then just most of the time. I did contact him and so far the suggestions did not help.

Pat