Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ranges/matches near Charlotte, NC

I live between Asheboro & Denton but don't shoot at any of the ranges, we have live on ten acres of hardwoods a mile off the main road so we have our own range. B)

You may want to check out the NC Gun Owners forum there is a section for Ranges & Training.

http://www.ncgunowners.com/forum/index.php

Here is info on a Tactical Match that is held on the third Saturday of the Month in Linwood, NC

http://www.phashoots.com/Matches/Tactical/index.htm

Address for directions:

Piedmont Handgunners Association

10346 Highway 150 South

Linwood, NC 27299

Edited by birdzman

Spartanburg Practical Shooting Assoc. We shoot USPSA on 1st and 4th Sat, IDPA on the 3rd Sat. About one hour twenty minutes from Charlotte, depending on where you are in the city.

Spartanburg Practical Shooting Association

The pictures on the site are old. The bays were redone about year and half ago, they're all pea gravel surface now.

1st Sat - Spartanburg Practical, 2nd Sat - Rowan Wildlife Club, 3rd Sun - Statesville FOP, 4th Sat - Point Blank @ Spartanburg Practical. And that's not counting IDPA and other matches. Plus you have Central Carolina (Rock Hill), Peidmont Handgunners (Lexington), MidCarolina (Columbia) all within 2 hours.

1st Sat - Spartanburg Practical, 2nd Sat - Rowan Wildlife Club, 3rd Sun - Statesville FOP, 4th Sat - Point Blank @ Spartanburg Practical. And that's not counting IDPA and other matches. Plus you have Central Carolina (Rock Hill), Peidmont Handgunners (Lexington), MidCarolina (Columbia) all within 2 hours.

Thanks guys,

I may be in the area by October. Will be on a tight budget for awhile but would love to get out and shoot. A newbie looking to learn, have shot here with our local organization.....great guys.......but look forward to meeting other shooters!

• 3 weeks later...

Dude is coming from Vermont. Talk about a culture shift.

Sure will be........wont be freezing my A$% off this winter! LOL

I begin my new job September 26. I think may be living in the Lincolnton area. Walnut Grove would not be too far away. Unfortunatly I am not yet equiped for 3-gun(hope to be in the future).

• 2 years later...

all of these ranges are atleast 2hrs, some reaching 4 hrs. Closest ranges are 1 1/2 hours away and there's no telling if Fayetteville Practical Shooter is going to be up and running.