Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition only equipment.

Ty Hamby

Wasn't trying to get into a pissing match with you at all. I'm just stating what Joe said in that there isn't that much difference. Around here depending on who shows up the 1911 is the gun to beat across the board not just in CDP or ESP.

Sorry if I took it wrong.

Around here, the vast majority of shooters are SSP and their times are typically lower than CDP. 9mm has less recoil than .45 ACP. Glocks have an admirably low bore axis and 10+1 is a significant advantage over 8+1. Combine that with a double stack mag and larger magwell, and it can be hard to keep up.

Certainly there are exceptions to any rule. A shooting buddy of mine often beats most comers using a 686.

Lumping CDP with SSP and ESP would, IMO, reduce the variety of guns involved, not increase it.

Simple, I'll shoot a 9mm 1911 then I'm at 10 plus one like the SSP guys, my gun recoils less, is more accurate, and has a better trigger.

I am pretty sure he was talking about it killing 1911 .45's since CDP is their only true playground, and it would effectively kill them.

competition is a crucible, that which works rises to the top, that which doesnt falls to the wayside, Maybe it's time to stop artificially propping the 1911 45 up and let it stand or fall on it's own merits. Or keep CDP and make it a single stack 45 1911 only division like USPSA did if that's what customers want.

Kinda odd that those who sing loudest the praises of the gun, will cry the loudest at the thought of having to compete against better designs.

competition is a crucible, that which works rises to the top, that which doesnt falls to the wayside, Maybe it's time to stop artificially propping the 1911 45 up and let it stand or fall on it's own merits. Or keep CDP and make it a single stack 45 1911 only division like USPSA did if that's what customers want.

Kinda odd that those who sing loudest the praises of the gun, will cry the loudest at the thought of having to compete against better designs.

Holding more ammo and shooting a round with less recoil doesn't make something a better design. The only thing that means is that a 9mm is a better gun for IDPA in classes that don't have a restriction.

Simple, I'll shoot a 9mm 1911 then I'm at 10 plus one like the SSP guys, my gun recoils less, is more accurate, and has a better trigger.

I am pretty sure he was talking about it killing 1911 .45's since CDP is their only true playground, and it would effectively kill them.

Right then see my next post. I used a .40 at major PF, and 8 round mags to beat 10 round 9mms at minor power factor.

The only way that the 8 round 1911 is at a disadvantage is if a MD wants to make all the stages 10-11 rounds. Our MD usually makes the stages fun first.

When I find a better design I'll let you know. I compete against anything. I was beating open shooters this weekend with one.

Edited by steel1212

When I find a better design I'll let you know. I compete against anything. I was beating open shooters this weekend with one.

I'm an open shooter..... want to shoot heads up for guns? :ph34r:

Hmmmm...might be a good challenge...

Does it fit in the box? :roflol::P

No but mine makes ESP weight Gregg.... :)

IPSC Modified guns fit in the box...

Let's not forget the "vests" I see everyone wearing at our local matches. I don't see many of them walking around on the streets as everyday wear??

Look at the location of the guys that say they use them. A bit different climate than here in TX (it has been over 100 F every day over the last month). Not to mention I have never even been fly fishing. Comp only equipment for me.

I think if you canned CDP, ESP and SSP for Normal, Small and Tiny. You would just find different sizes of SVI's and STI's winning.

Edited by jmorris

Let's not forget the "vests" I see everyone wearing at our local matches. I don't see many of them walking around on the streets as everyday wear??

I hope you're not complaining about that! I see that as a very good thing.

;-)

Last year's second place iron sight shooter at the RM3G was shooting a single stack. Yes I know pistols plays a smaller part for real shooting er I mean 3 gun but it was very impressive when most of us had 20 or more rounds in our guns.

How many people own a 9mm 1911? One that actually works?

I've got one! It is the best pistol, for me, that I have ever shot.

CR speed outer belt through the belt loops. (Is that an everyday wear type of item?)

Mag-wells that are exaggerated well beyond the width of the grip, but "it fits in the box". They both looks a little like competition only to me. I own both and while I have not worn the CR (outer or inner belt only) at an IDPA match, I have learned that it would be ok because it doesnt break any other rule in the rule book.

FWIW I wear my CR speed inner belt as my daily belt. I dont own any other belts any more. I have 1 for production, 1 for limited, 1 outer belt for IDpa and the inner belt is my everyday wear.lol

How many people own a 9mm 1911? One that actually works?

I've got one! It is the best pistol, for me, that I have ever shot.

Ditto. I've got a few 9mm 1911's. They all run like sewing machines.

PS- Don't ever question Mr. Estill when it comes to the 1911. Ever. :bow:

Last year's second place iron sight shooter at the RM3G was shooting a single stack. Yes I know pistols plays a smaller part for real shooting er I mean 3 gun but it was very impressive when most of us had 20 or more rounds in our guns.

Thats my point, if its great or it isnt let it sink or swim on its merits.