Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More battery life

Brent D

What is the expected life of a C-More battery and has anyone found one brand that seems to outlast all the others. I am using Duracell and seem to be changing the battery more often than I expect. Before anyone asks, no I'm not pulling a rookie move and forgetting to turn it off. Thanks for your input.

What is the expected life of a C-More battery and has anyone found one brand that seems to outlast all the others. I am using Duracell and seem to be changing the battery more often than I expect. Before anyone asks, no I'm not pulling a rookie move and forgetting to turn it off. Thanks for your input.

Brent,

I have found that when the diode gets old it sucks batteries like crazy. Try a new dot and see if you bat life doesn't improve.

JT

Might try cleaning the diode with a little dish soap on a wet Q tip. Seemed to help me, if it's dirty it seems to be harder on the battery. Though I ran into a bad lot of Duracell batteries last year as it would eat a battery a match.

Cleaned the diode and the battery lasted longer.

I've only had to change mine twice in ~21 months of owning the gun, and one of those was only because I put it away turned on. But I'm not doing much practice these days, so that's really just a few minutes of powered-on time each weekend.

I have not changed my battery yet. What should I expect? Will it just go out, or dim for awhile and then fade out???

With mine,they get dim. I never ran one until it was dead.

For over 5 years I've used two 357's. Positive to negative and insert both with polarities correct. I think these are very easy to find in almost any drugstore/pharmacy. I also find that they last a little longer too. They come in 3 packs, so I buy 2 packs at a time. This gives me 3 battery changes.

Using your Cmore inside can be deceptive. The dot will always show brighter and might cause you to think your battery is good, then it will fail in the middle of a match in bright sunlight. Indoor light and the visibility of your dot is different than outdoor sunshine and dot visibility. Outside in the sun will always reveal a weakening battery quicker.

I always change the batteries before any BIG match. Cheap insurance.

My battery is working since the moment I bought the gun and that is now over two years ago. Every now and then I even forget to turn the C-more off. To be honest I didn't expect the battery to last so long. Ofcourse I always carry a spare one with me to the range.

A buddy of mine also had similar experience, the original battery was still in his gun for almost 2 years!

My new open pistol was new March this year and had to change the batteries to new 1/3N earlier this month, July. It was getting dim in bright sunlight.

His c-more - Click

Mine - Standard

Don't know if that has anything to do with it. And yes, I turn it off after my ULSC.

I have a LR44 as back up in the range pack...

I have changed my open gun once. Got the sight used, so I wanted to be sure the battery's were good. I do check it the day before a match, and carry spare battery's with me.

We do have the C-More's on both the 22cal Steel gun's now. I just keep a few more battery's on hand, the 357's

• 2 weeks later...

I put a new one in the end of May. It was bright right up to the end of the first stage of today's match. Open the door, two US Poppers left to shoot, 4 rounds in the mag, no dot...static reload...

Edited by NickJ

Depends on how much you dryfire with it on....having it on everyday doesn't help the battery life either. Mine average 3 months between 1-3 matches a week and dryfire during the week.

Edited by OpenDot

I have changed my open gun once. Got the sight used, so I wanted to be sure the battery's were good. I do check it the day before a match, and carry spare battery's with me.

We do have the C-More's on both the 22cal Steel gun's now. I just keep a few more battery's on hand, the 357's

I find from testing that the 2 pack of 357s lasts slightly less than the single batteries I get from Battery Warehouse because the 357 is an alkaline and while it has good voltage over the life the life is shorter. But since they are easier to find I keep a few in my battery bag for emergencies.