Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Election Ballots

I figured they would be out by now?

From the Bylaws:

6.5 Election by Ballot:

The Executive Director shall create a list of eligible voters in accordance with Article 6.3 on the first business day of July in the year of the election. The Board of Directors shall cause ballots for each contested election, to be printed and delivered to a certified public accounting firm selected by the Executive Director at the direction of the Board by July 15th of each election year.

The ballots shall be serially numbered, contain the name of the incumbent, followed by the word "incumbent", followed by the name of any challenger(s). The ballot shall indicate a date by which the ballot must be returned to the accounting firm to be counted. The outgoing envelopes shall be marked with the USPSA logo and the words "USPSA Ballot" in red 18-point lettering.

A list of eligible voters in each Area shall be delivered to the accounting firm. The certified public accounting firm shall:

i.) mail ballots to all individual members on the list by August 1 by first class mail,

ii.) receive the ballots back by return mail, and

iii.) tabulate, certify and report the results to the President and Board of Directors by September 15th of each election year.

It is the voting member's responsibility to mark and complete the ballot and mail it to the certified public accounting firm to be received on or before September 1st of each election year. There is no provision for lost ballots, and the original official ballots, timely received by the certified public accounting firm, through the United States Mail, unopened at time of counting, are the only ballots that shall be counted.

Write-in votes shall be considered invalid, shall not be counted, and shall not be listed in the election results.

The results of the election shall appear in the next regular issue of the corporate newsletter and be posted on the corporate website.

I figured they would be out by now?

From the Bylaws:

6.5 Election by Ballot:

The Executive Director shall create a list of eligible voters in accordance with Article 6.3 on the first business day of July in the year of the election. The Board of Directors shall cause ballots for each contested election, to be printed and delivered to a certified public accounting firm selected by the Executive Director at the direction of the Board by July 15th of each election year.

The ballots shall be serially numbered, contain the name of the incumbent, followed by the word "incumbent", followed by the name of any challenger(s). The ballot shall indicate a date by which the ballot must be returned to the accounting firm to be counted. The outgoing envelopes shall be marked with the USPSA logo and the words "USPSA Ballot" in red 18-point lettering.

A list of eligible voters in each Area shall be delivered to the accounting firm. The certified public accounting firm shall:

i.) mail ballots to all individual members on the list by August 1 by first class mail,

ii.) receive the ballots back by return mail, and

iii.) tabulate, certify and report the results to the President and Board of Directors by September 15th of each election year.

It is the voting member's responsibility to mark and complete the ballot and mail it to the certified public accounting firm to be received on or before September 1st of each election year. There is no provision for lost ballots, and the original official ballots, timely received by the certified public accounting firm, through the United States Mail, unopened at time of counting, are the only ballots that shall be counted.

Write-in votes shall be considered invalid, shall not be counted, and shall not be listed in the election results.

The results of the election shall appear in the next regular issue of the corporate newsletter and be posted on the corporate website.

That makes sense now. I read the article in Front Sight and thought I had to return the ballot by Aug 1st. Which led me to believe we should have them by now.

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

How many people still regularly use stamps? If USPSA would like to see more participation in the elections I would suggest they provide postage paid envelopes. Maybe my days are too full but the time it takes for me to mail this thing is pretty significant to me.

How many people still regularly use stamps? If USPSA would like to see more participation in the elections I would suggest they provide postage paid envelopes. Maybe my days are too full but the time it takes for me to mail this thing is pretty significant to me.

If you leave stamped mail in your mailbox, the carrier will pick it up when he delivers your mail.

If you leave stamped mail in your mailbox, the carrier will pick it up when he delivers your mail.

Can you mail me a stamp? :rolleyes: Not seen a stamp since I mailed my taxes.......

Can you mail me a stamp? :rolleyes: Not seen a stamp since I mailed my taxes.......

Put it in your mail box with the proper amount in change and the carrier will likely stamp it for you.

Edited by spanky