Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 10,000th post

ima45dv8

Since I spend most of my time in the Rules Forum, I thought this was an appropriate place to make my 10,000th post.

Over the Labor Day weekend back in 2007 BOZ1911 and I attended the Ohio State match; partly because we wanted to shoot sumpthin, but mostly as a social call. We had a number of friends up in that area and wanted to stop in and say Hi. Keen, Micah, Seevers, Provan, Shooter Grrl, and many others, and for me at least, Kyle (Flex). He and I had met briefly at the '04 Nationals and he had recently promised me a beer and a cigar for "services rendered" (don't ask – it's a secret) if I was ever up that way. In addition to seeing these old friends we made a lot of new ones.

Damn we had fun! The "Drive-By Kegging" with Gary, Jeff (Sako!!!), John, and Paul was epic! Even though I was certain we had already consumed all of the available beer in Ohio, we were also invited to a keg party for the match staff despite the fact we didn't work it.

On the way back home Singlestack was wearing out my phone trying to get ahold of me. When we finally connected he informed me I was now a Moderator on the BEnos Forums(!). There was no, "Do you want to?", or "What would you think?" Apparently it was a done deal.

In the almost-4 years that have transpired it's been a strange and wonderful trip. It's been rewarding and fun, with an occasional, "You're just a Black-hearted, Jack-booted, Nazi-Moderator thug!" (or some variation) thrown in for good measure.

I do have a certain sense of satisfaction from working to keep this place as our gracious host envisioned it – a civil and non-political place whose intent was to share knowledge and improve our shooting. A look at the current forum titles shows that scope has expanded a bit but we've not lost track of that original intent.

To this very day I hold the ideal that we've been invited into Brian's front visiting parlor on a Sunday afternoon for a chat and maybe a cold refreshment. We sit and chat amiably about shooting and a few other topics; always mindful we're a guest in someone else's home and should behave accordingly. His rules are the House Rules. Disagreement and discourse are accepted...even encouraged...as long as it's done respectfully.

Mostly I'm here because of you folks. I've said countless times that I came for the shooting and stayed for the people. That applies to USPSA and this place both. Y'all have given me much more than I could ever repay.

My sincere Thanks to all y'all...

Are you ready?

Stand by…

It's only been four years? Seems longer, much longer..... :devil: :devil:

Here's something you didn't know about Mark -- when he was asked to join the moderating team, the first thing he undertook was to read six years worth of threads in the moderating forum, to learn how we had managed the forum before his arrival. That was some undertaking, and speaks to his dedication and preparation for doing the job.....

Happy 10,000, pal!

I would have thought 10,000 posts would have put you right behind Flex on the list. It barely makes the top 10.

Mark,

Thanks for everything you do both on this forum and for our sport. You're my "go to" guy for any number of things.

In the almost-4 years that have transpired it's been a strange and wonderful trip. It's been rewarding and fun, with an occasional, "You're just a Black-hearted, Jack-booted, Nazi-Moderator thug!" (or some variation) thrown in for good measure.

I NEVER called you that! Congrats Mark, and keep up the good work and keep us on the straight and narrow!