Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to make this one...airport times could be tight. Any idea of start time on Friday and last shot fired on Sunday? I'm assuming prize table can be proxied.

The est. time for prize table on Sunday is 3:00 pm. You can have a proxy, we will just need to know name, (permission slip type of deal) for whom you are picking up the prize...Some of you can be sneaky and may try to get to the table twice :P Just teasing....Short answer is yes...

Schedule for the match to be posted by the Powers that Be. I will try my best to get that infor out asap.

Attached is the 2011 Fallen Brethren 3-Gun Challenge Sponsorship Packet.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me directly @ fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com regarding sponsorship.

I promise I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. I apologize for neglecting any emails regarding sponsorship in the last month, I wanted to finalize before proceeding. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you all.

Lee

2011 FB3G Sponsor Agreement.doc

2011 FB3G Sponsor Letter.doc

$300? Why the $100 hike?

Because we will pay it:(

I'm guessing switching from an Army supported match there are costs like range rental to be made up. The last 4 major 3-Gun matches I signed up for were $295, $295, $255, and $250 so that price isn't out of line.

Because we will pay it:(

The Ft Benning match was put on based on a huge pool of volunteer labor that is just not going to happen at this new location. The main volunteers gave up leave to host a match for us and the match was by regulaton prohibited from making a dime. Now these guys who are still giving up well deserved R and R to produce the match are having to pay for a range, props, equipment. And let us not forget that this is a charity match for those brave men and women who stand out in the heat and cold so we do not have to do so.

But I guess I am just being silly because I know I would show up at double the price if they would just take it back to Ft Benning since the cause is worth even more than that and at least I had rather give my money for this cause than pay it to the airline.

Fair enough. They're obviously free to charge whatever, but $320 for a match fee + t-shirt is over the line for a lot of would-be shooters. If it becomes the norm matches won't fill.

Anyway, I'll see you guys there.

And if the matches don't fill you will see a swing back to smaller local events that charge $50 or less. I see them quite frequently here in Texas. Hopefully other shooters around the country get the opportunity to shoot these smaller more intimate matches as well, they really are good.

Edited by Scooty Puff Sr.

Fair enough. They're obviously free to charge whatever, but $320 for a match fee + t-shirt is over the line for a lot of would-be shooters. If it becomes the norm matches won't fill.

I had this conversation with someone else just a week ago. The match entry fee really is a small portion of the overall event cost. For me it's airfare, hotel, rental car, ammo, shipping gear, food etc. A bump of $100.00 or even double the cost really doesn't make a dent for me. Of course I shoot some other matches like Bianchi that are just stupid expensive. Like paying $400.00 plus for a 4 stage pistol match. Ft. Benning previously was able to charge what it could because of the location, cost to pay the support folks (not much), fact they couldn't make a profit, knowledge the match would fill and dozens of other little money savers the Army helped out with. Now we're moving to a private facility, that requires leave and travel for all the match staff. Uncertainty about how the match will be attended, rental or purchase fees for many of those same things we used from the Army. Ft. Benning was a really unique match. Hopefully this will be every bit the quality of that match, but it's not going to be the same price.

I had this conversation with someone else just a week ago. The match entry fee really is a small portion of the overall event cost. For me it's airfare, hotel, rental car, ammo, shipping gear, food etc. A bump of $100.00 or even double the cost really doesn't make a dent for me. Of course I shoot some other matches like Bianchi that are just stupid expensive. Like paying $400.00 plus for a 4 stage pistol match. Ft. Benning previously was able to charge what it could because of the location, cost to pay the support folks (not much), fact they couldn't make a profit, knowledge the match would fill and dozens of other little money savers the Army helped out with. Now we're moving to a private facility, that requires leave and travel for all the match staff. Uncertainty about how the match will be attended, rental or purchase fees for many of those same things we used from the Army. Ft. Benning was a really unique match. Hopefully this will be every bit the quality of that match, but it's not going to be the same price.

Chuck's comments are right on target! Anybody that's had to put a match like this on the ground and run it can tell you there is no end to the cost and the time involved. I appreciate the time and financial committment this represents for the AMU Team and their families. I don't know how they plan to get the manpower for the setup, operations and tear-down, but I bet they can use some volunteers. I've really enjoyed RO'ing this match the last two years and hope to make it again in Dec.

Chuck's comments are right on target! Anybody that's had to put a match like this on the ground and run it can tell you there is no end to the cost and the time involved. I appreciate the time and financial committment this represents for the AMU Team and their families. I don't know how they plan to get the manpower for the setup, operations and tear-down, but I bet they can use some volunteers. I've really enjoyed RO'ing this match the last two years and hope to make it again in Dec.

Thank you for that. Anyone wishing to RO should contact Lee DMAC directly. :D

Sloppy handwriting, excessive postage and no return address......this raises flags at Homeland Security, Sandra for your safety I wouldn't open this envelope! Just saying!

Don't hate me for trying to game a slot into the match. :)

Sloppy handwriting, excessive postage and no return address......this raises flags at Homeland Security, Sandra for your safety I wouldn't open this envelope! Just saying!

Now I'm scared. I may need my own security detail to assit with the mail! :surprise:

Seriously, I have bottle of wine chilled and letter open-er ready :D

:

Dang it I knew I should have sent refreshments. Thanks for everything! I can only imagine the headache of getting that much mail at one time and not being able to just toss it in the junk mail pile.

Now I'm scared. I may need my own security detail to assit with the mail! :surprise:

I forgot to put my squad requests with my app. Can I just PM you that info?

shane

:

Dang it I knew I should have sent refreshments. Thanks for everything! I can only imagine the headache of getting that much mail at one time and not being able to just toss it in the junk mail pile.

Got to send the bribe.....ah I mean refreshment gift with the application!