Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting clothing

TheTailor

I struggled to find an appropriate category for this, but I figure training would be a good start.

During a course of fire, I often find my shirt coming un-tucked which causes issues with a reload. In fact, just this last weekend, one of my mags fell out because it got caught on my shirt. I usually tuck my shirts into my pans.

Does anyone know of an accessory that would keep my shirt tucked into my pants during activity?

Thanks

Edited by TheTailor

I had that problem and starting wearing more athletic type shirts, like under armor heat gear. They tend to stick close to the body and be more form fitting. Not attractive to see, but effective when shooting. :surprise:

This may or may not work for you, depending on your body type - Perry Suspenders. They have a plastic hook which clips onto the belt - I clip them on the inner belt. Keeps the pants from sagging a bit from the weight of the gear which allows the shirt to creep out.

A good retuck before the stage usually helps... but in the heat an humidity, with all those mags bouncing up and down- it can be an issue. I always try to use Techwear shirts- they are best.

If longer shirts don't work AND you wear long pants when shooting, search for "shirt garters". They clip to the shirt tail and top of socks...shirt down and socks up. Very popular with military members wearing dress uniforms.

If longer shirts don't work AND you wear long pants when shooting, search for "shirt garters". They clip to the shirt tail and top of socks...shirt down and socks up. Very popular with military members wearing dress uniforms.

Yep, they work!

I always shoot in a Techwear shirt since it is breathable in the heat...and when I practice in dryfire or livefire, I wear the same stuff that I will use in a match. Always strive to replicate everything that you would do/wear in a match that you do in practice. Like others have stated, Techwear has a "Tall" option. More material to tuck in=less cloth binding on the reloads.

Talls??? Doh. I'm a shmuck.....never thought of that.

Unfortunately I am not all that tall Dave, they gotta cover my gut and still be long enough to stay tucked in!

I just asked someone in Law Enforcement and they use something called a hidden tailor.

I just ordered one here, I'll post a review when I get it.

http://www.flexbelt.net/how.html

These work great... I get 3-4 at a time from galls since I wear them often for shooting and with uniform. One will usually last me about 8-10 months of pretty continuous use before the rubber starts to tear. I haven't found anything better and I've tried a bunch of things.

If you want traditional-looking T-shirts, Duluth Trading has their "Longtail T's" which are three inches longer than standard. Their tagline is about preventing Plumber's Butt, but maybe they'll expand it to "Won't foul your reloads!" ;)