Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1k round capacity tumbler...

let me start by saying, these boards are loaded with tons of great info and im glad i came across it!

i have been searching on old threads containing the word tumbler and various other case cleaning threads. Most recent ones have a few recommendations and input but mainly on smaller tumblers, im looking for some input on larger tumblers like the large dillon, but any other compatible brand/size available?

looking to process about 1k 9mm cases per run.

thanks!

L am not aware of any. Hornady no loger makes the M1. I don't no why as I love mine. When it dies I will go with the Dillon

The Lyman 2500 will hold 1000 9mm. I had one, but the bowl was thin and cheap.

Edited by Joe D

WAAAY outside the box! :surprise:

Pat

Actually know a guy that reloads ammo as part of his job and that's what they use.

got to love being able to reload ammo at work :bow:

Edited by Flexmoney
to remove quoted picture

Peter, i've thought about it but that will be something that has to be placed at my brothers house and not mine so i will have to work around his schedule somewhat..

PB, that uv-45 looks like one serious tumbler.. but at about the price of a press? thats a hard one.

Maybe 2 smaller units will work for me or just go with the dillon.. maybe my bro will go half and that'll make the price a bit better lol

thanks for the info :cheers:

You might want to look at the Berrys 400....I have been using one for almost 6 years for .38 super comp and .223...it has cleaned ALOT of brass....and priced very reasonable...their brass polish is excellent also.....I just hate their minimum order charge.....

tumbler

Edited by DrawandDuck

That Cement Mixier might not work out if you are in an efficiency apartment, well you could take the stove out and just send out for food.

I use this one http://www.opticsplanet.net/lyman-2500-pro-magnum-tumbler.html I just take a 3# coffee can full of brass and dump it in, depending on how dirty it was it can take 1 to 2 hours to clean. I don't bother putting the lid on since it is so quiet. Get 2 they are on sale and save another $20 with coupon code luvdad23 until June 19, 2011 on purchase of $150 or more.

Get the Dillon CV2001. It is rated at 1300 38/357 cases. I have 2 of the FL2001, and they tumble so much faster than my old Midway 1292. If you cannot afford a new one, and are diligent, you should be able to get a used one off of ebay for around $100-120 shipped.

Randy

I've had a Harbor Freight 18 Lb. Vibratory Bowl Tumbler for several years, and it has worked great for me. I can run around 2k pieces of 9mm at a time. They're showing $175 currently, but they run big sales. I believe I paid well under $150 when I purchased mine.

I've had a Harbor Freight 18 Lb. Vibratory Bowl Tumbler for several years, and it has worked great for me. I can run around 2k pieces of 9mm at a time. They're showing $175 currently, but they run big sales. I believe I paid well under $150 when I purchased mine.

I've got the big Harbor Freight also. Money well spent.

I have a Cabelas Model 400 tumbler. It's rated for 650 38spl. With it 1/2-3/4 full of media I can tumble 1000 cases. I need to dump in 500 or so, run the tumbler for a few seconds then top it off. It might take longer but my tumbler is out in the garage so I just start it before I go to bed and turn in off when I leave for work in the morning.

I had one... and do not recommend it at all. One day it made strange noises... as opened it the whole chassis below broke off, with motor. And it was just a few months old. Fortunately I bought it on Midway, so back it went for a refund.

OTOH, I still have the 30 year old orange Lyman that is still working.

I just place a 6qt container of 9mm brass(approx 2,500rds) in my 18lb Harbor Freight. I'm not sure how many more it would have held, but it held that with ease. I've got a small Dillon and a small Lyman. Though they see their use for small amounts of brass, it's hard to beat big HF one for large quantities if you've only got a small space for a tumbler.

thanks fellas!

my space isn't limited but the cement mixer won't fly here :ph34r:

i have a harbor freight local so i might check that one out, all tho not much cheaper then the dillon the warranty might be worth it if the dillon has some.

i see berrys has 3 years on the motor for the 400. looks like a good buy for the $ also

:cheers:

I've been using a Lyman Turbo 2500 Pro Magnum Auto Flow for a couple of years and tumbled many thousands of rounds of pistol and rifle brass through it. It'll do about 1000 9mm. The specs appear to say it'll do 1000 .38spc...so if that's true, it should handle >1000 9mm. My only complaints are they should have included an on/off switch and could have made the bowl top easier to open/close than the included wing nut.