Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Choosing a mini red dot

barrysuperhawk

My DP is 7.5 MOA, did not like it as much as the C-more on my "Open" gun. But for a slide mount, it is the way to go. The STS even on Max is not as bright as the Fastfire (Auto). I know the FF's have got some bad press...but of the three I have...not one problem...two are mounted on Saiga 12's.

Tanfoglio Gold Custom Eric 2007 / C More STS vs. Glock G34 Open with Leupold Deltapoint.

Julklapp-11.JPG

My choice on my G34 - very happy withh it so far.

Open-34-Glock-2.jpg

Many more pictures in this thread, flick thru the pages.

http://www.3gun.se/showthread.php?135-Glock-34-Generation-4-Projekt-IPSC-Open/page5

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

I have a Delta Point on my Open S/V pistol and love it. Have tried or looked thru most of them on the market and this is my opinion the best all around sight. Mine is mouted directly to the back of the milled down slide which puts the bottom of the lens even with the slide. The dot is so close to the slide it is basically like looking down the slide on a limited pistol. I have the diamond dot and would have perfered the round dot but was not available when I got mine. Very easy to pick up on Steel or Run and gun stages but for a very accurate shot say a head shot at 10 to 15 yds. I have it zeroed on the Point. Very easy to zero (6 rds of Major 9) and it has stayed there for over a year. Very solid made and it is the smallest of them all and has a very nice window and diamond is clean as you will find anywhere. Don't know how to put picture on this floormat but if you want you can E-Mail me at maxco@theedgepc.net and I will send you pictures of what it looks like and the mounting. In my opinion for the money this is the best out there today.

Gunsteel

I have a Delta Point on my Open S/V pistol and love it. Have tried or looked thru most of them on the market and this is my opinion the best all around sight. Mine is mouted directly to the back of the milled down slide which puts the bottom of the lens even with the slide. The dot is so close to the slide it is basically like looking down the slide on a limited pistol. I have the diamond dot and would have perfered the round dot but was not available when I got mine. Very easy to pick up on Steel or Run and gun stages but for a very accurate shot say a head shot at 10 to 15 yds. I have it zeroed on the Point. Very easy to zero (6 rds of Major 9) and it has stayed there for over a year. Very solid made and it is the smallest of them all and has a very nice window and diamond is clean as you will find anywhere. Don't know how to put picture on this floormat but if you want you can E-Mail me at maxco@theedgepc.net and I will send you pictures of what it looks like and the mounting. In my opinion for the money this is the best out there today.

Gunsteel

Please find your pictures :)

OpenMax-1.JPG

OpenMax-2.JPG

OpenMax-3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Mine on a G34

Glock-OPEN-2011-2-KKM-13.JPG

vs. C More STS on a Tanfo

Glock-OPEN-2011-2-KKM-8.JPG

Good looking firearms you have there, all of you. I am convinced the slide ride is the way to go, but I am thinking the CMore trait of being able to swap batteries without unbolting anything is a very nice option to have. However if this is like any of my other pursuits, I will end up with 3-4 different ones before I am done...

• 6 months later...

Off topic a bit =

Can you share where you were able to get that charging bar found at the rear of your glock? That is an excellent alternative for those that are attached to the rear dovetail sight.

Re: optics

I got a Burris fast fire and had just realized that the mount that I bought which was intended for the CMORE STS had larger mounting screws. The manufacturer told me to ream the Burris fast fire and it should fit the mount. I do wish that these manufacturers start standardizing these mounting screws.

Off topic a bit =

Can you share where you were able to get that charging bar found at the rear of your glock? That is an excellent alternative for those that are attached to the rear dovetail sight.

I got a Burris fast fire and had just realized that the mount that I bought which was intended for the CMORE STS had larger mounting screws. The manufacturer told me to ream the Burris fast fire and it should fit the mount. I do wish that these manufacturers start standardizing these mounting screws.

Slide Racker from amazon

From LWD

I have a 3.5 MOA DP. Still out of the states for 2 more months till I can mount it and shoot it!

Edited by tt350z

I have a Delta Point on my Open S/V pistol and love it. Have tried or looked thru most of them on the market and this is my opinion the best all around sight.

I agree... among the small ones I like the DP the best.

You seem to be getting solid feedback and some very knowledgable insights...which I appreciate also that everyone has shared because I am researching the same thing (building an OPEN)

Now for my perspective on the mention of 'clone' optics....for a practice gun or otherwise you get what you pay for--clone optics are ripoffs in quality and manufacture; also bear it in mind that the company who spent the time and money developing these designs are not being compensated by 'clone' manufacturers nor are these designs up to par ( being built in some dirt-floored hellhole in China explains that)

I personally buy reliable and proven...price is my last consideration because cheap and inneffective is the last thing I am interested in; In the end it is entirely your decision and if you find a clone that works for your purpose then go with it--personally I wouldnt

So, educate me on the mini-red-dots. Which ones have switches, which ones are [or are not] water proof, what are they made of, what batteries do they use (or not use), etc. In the interest of being thorough, if anyone has tried any of the generic or knockoff varieties I am interested in hearing about these too [they ought to be good enough for a .22 practice gun, right?] as well as why the $400 variety is worth the $$.

If possible, let's try not to start a brand war, just tell me what you use, what you like about it, and anything you don't like.

I think reliability and longevity should be the #1 consideration. Switches, waterproofed, batteries, etc are nothing if the unit is not working as intended and wont last long. These units are not cheap so they should work everytime all the time w/in reasonable time/age.

I have had experience w/ 2 units of same model and brand, both didnt last long.

Off topic a bit =

I am not the OP that you directed the question to but I bought one also. you can get it HERE

Off topic a bit =

I am not the OP that you directed the question to but I bought one also. you can get it HERE http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/fch.htm

Edited by dmwphoto