Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WFG

STIGUY

Finally decided to give S&W a try due to everyone's praise of their Pro Series. I contacted the local Cabrll's (none) and their suppliers don't have them. Look on the Internet gun dealers....out of stock. Called two S&W DFW area dealers....one had a 4.25" model. Looking for the 5".

WTF is up with S&W when according to the two Dealers, it would be 5-8 Mths and the other told me that no available date is referenced because they don't know.

I don't pretend to know that much about the firearms imanufacturing industry, but it does not seem like 5-8 mths is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a mass produced firearm. Or am I wrong?

I already have an S_I in .40 and don't want to reload for another caliber. I currently load for this cartridge, .223, .308 and .300 SAUM. This is with two progressive presses and need to add another one. Don't have the time or patience as I may add an Open gun in the future in .38 Super or SC.

Also, this would also be carried when hunting etc.

The 9mm is lacking when it comes to pratical use in that regards....in my opinion.

Thanks.

It makes a difference knowing that your are wanting a .40 S&W and not the much more commonly referenced M&P Pro 9mm.

However, my answer is worth exactly what you paid for it. I would bet that S&W simply underestimated the demand for their M&P Pro in .40 S&W.

• 1 month later...

Finally decided to give S&W a try due to everyone's praise of their Pro Series. I contacted the local Cabrll's (none) and their suppliers don't have them. Look on the Internet gun dealers....out of stock. Called two S&W DFW area dealers....one had a 4.25" model. Looking for the 5".

WTF is up with S&W when according to the two Dealers, it would be 5-8 Mths and the other told me that no available date is referenced because they don't know.

I don't pretend to know that much about the firearms imanufacturing industry, but it does not seem like 5-8 mths is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a mass produced firearm. Or am I wrong?

To STIGUY or anyone else looking for a M&P Pro 40 cal (5" barrel, FO front sight, S&W part no 178032):

I had a devil of a time finding this gun, the inventory dried up over the past 1+ months. My local gun shop couldn't find it and it was out of stock at every online store I could find. I finally found one on gunbroker (thank you BE member JeffWard), and then just received a notice that another is in stock at Get R Done Guns. getgunsonline.com. I recommend that you hurry.

A word of warning for those looking for this gun. I have seen multiple sites show a M&P Pro in stock, but it turned out to be a 4.25" barrel. Sometimes the barrel length is referenced, but not always. If you want the real M&P Pro in 40 cal with a 5" barrel, make sure that the S&W item number is 178032.

Edited by MojitoCalido

I was told by one of the salesman at Champion Firearms where I found mine that Smith currently has 2 huge contracts and as a result of this they are running behind. I was fortunate to find mine and looked for another one for a fellow forum member with little success. Found one on M4 Carbine's forum earlier in the week but do not know if it is still available. Used a lot of different search terms but was successful using "S&W 178032" Good luck

Edited by Aggieddad02

Slight thread drift ahead... How many .40 cal rounds can you guys get in your mags? Just wondering if it would make a good substitute...err...a cheaper one anyway...for a full on STI/SVI Limited division racegun???

Edited by Chills1994

Jeff, someone told me a while back that Tony from Velocity Shooter works at the retail store. Don't know if you ever had dealings with him but he ws always good with my stuff when I spoke to him on orders from VS. Just a thought

Slight thread drift ahead... How many .40 cal rounds can you guys get in your mags? Just wondering if it would make a good substitute...err...a cheaper one anyway...for a full on STI/SVI Limited division racegun???

Tony sells Freelance base pads too. You can actually buy a whole race ready package. I think the M&P would make a great Limited gun. I would run the heaviest magwell possible and a tungsten guide rod (if even available).

Anybody have a model number on the M&P 40L? The guy I'm talking to at Buds has no idea what I am talking about.

I'll look at the model number on mine when I get home, but try to call the store and ask for Tony. Daniel sold me mine, so he knows where they are too.

• 3 weeks later...

Tony sells Freelance base pads too. You can actually buy a whole race ready package. I think the M&P would make a great Limited gun. I would run the heaviest magwell possible and a tungsten guide rod (if even available).

Okay, thanks for the sources, but still, that doesn't answer my question.

In a legal sized magazine for .40 cal (does it fit the mag gauge, in other words), how many forty caliber rounds can the gun hold/start out with?

EDITED TO ADD THIS: I am looking at the Velocity Shooter website right now, and I can't seem to find the Freelance base pads and/or the performance package, race ready M&P's you wrote about up above.

Edited by Chills1994

Okay, thanks for the sources, but still, that doesn't answer my question.

In a legal sized magazine for .40 cal (does it fit the mag gauge, in other words), how many forty caliber rounds can the gun hold/start out with?

EDITED TO ADD THIS: I am looking at the Velocity Shooter website right now, and I can't seem to find the Freelance base pads and/or the performance package, race ready M&P's you wrote about up above.

Speed Shooters Specialties, Kenny.

Taylor Freelance Magazine Extensions.

SSS Magwell.

20+1 with modified followers, 19+1 reloadable. Mine run 100% now, since I got the followers right!

Jeff