Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24

9mmalpha

I bought a Gen 2 Glock 24 last year from the classifieds on this forum, I am very happy with this awesome low budjet Limited gun. I paid $480 including shipping, best purchase I have ever made on a gun. :cheers:

Seems like alot of those get bought and sold here. Keep an eye on the classifieds.

I agree. Ive seen quite a few here lately.

I got lucky and found a complte slide/barrel on Glocktalk a few years ago. Mine is from back when Glock sold a 24/24C kit to go with the 22.

Seems like alot of those get bought and sold here. Keep an eye on the classifieds.

I got lucky and found a complte slide/barrel on Glocktalk a few years ago. Mine is from back when Glock sold a 24/24C kit to go with the 22.

Hm, so was it a 22 with an extra 24 top end or a 24 with an extra 22 top end?

Hm, so was it a 22 with an extra 24 top end or a 24 with an extra 22 top end?

From what I've found, Glock sold a 24/24C kit to complement the 22. It consisted of a slide, barrel and recoil assembly. Not sure what the cost was back then. I paid around $300 for it and picked up a new frame for around $200.

how do you load your ammo on G-24? do you use less powder compared to G-35, I currently use 200G montana 4.2 titegroup oal 1.12 for my G-35 it gives me about 170pf. someone told me I might need lesser powder and its more forgiving to recoil .

I load a 185 grain Precision over 4.9 grains of Winchester Super Field. It makes major out of the 24, but falls just short from the 35. I bumped eh laod to 5.2 grains and it makes major in both guns, and I dont have to worry about two different loads. Even at 5.2 grains, the recoil is pretty soft out of the 24. I load for an OAL of 1.1295, and between teh lenght and the shape of the Precision moly coated bullet have not a a feeding problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Have a lone wolf on the gun now. Tried a caspian 35 slide and had the breech face crack around the striker hole where a circle around it popped out. Got it replaced. The new one was way too tight where it shouldnt be and told its gun smith fit. I understand fitting it to the frame etc but this was the FP would rub in the breech face as it came out, the vanek FP safety(wich is a touch smaller than factory from where he rounds it would barely fit and then there was no way it would move freely. The factory one wouldnt even come close. Both went back and I got the lone wolf. No problems at all and I like the look of the lone wolf better as well. On the lone wolf, if you dont want that ugly logo on the back of the slide, order it blind marked where all markings are hidden under the slide. The barrel can be ordered the same way