Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bar-Sto Barrel from Apex Tactical preview pic

Shenaniguns

To answer the above questions.

The barrels will meet the USPSA rules for Production use unless they change that one too.

They will first be available as Match/Target barrels only, then shortly there after be available as a semi-drop in.

We don't know the retail price as of yet of have a firm delivery.

If you would like to see the first production prototype in the demo gun we're bringing with us to Shot Show, look for us to be loitering around the Smith LE booth at the show. You can't miss me, I'm 6'3" and wearing an Apex shirt.

Scott @Apex

looking forward to it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These will be a 1:16" twist, same as Bar-Sto uses across the board. These barrels should handle the 147gr bullets like a champ.

Scott @ Apex

What is the twist rate on these? I am wondering how they will handle the 147s.

To answer the above questions.

The barrels will meet the USPSA rules for Production use unless they change that one too.

They will first be available as Match/Target barrels only, then shortly there after be available as a semi-drop in.

We don't know the retail price as of yet or have a firm delivery.

If you would like to see the first production prototype in the demo gun we're bringing with us to Shot Show, look for us to be loitering around the Smith LE booth at the show. You can't miss me, I'm 6'3" and wearing an Apex shirt.

Scott @Apex

Will you guys be offering fitting services? If so, do you just need the slide, or the whole gun? (Asking due to shipping cost)

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone get a look at this at SHOT? What did you learn?

They did not have any in the booth. However, I spoke with Irv. The first 500 went to APEX. Should be a month or so before the next batch gets out.

Hey guys, I need to make a correction to what what said above.

The first batch of 500 Will go to Apex. The barrels have not been approved for manufacture, there are only 5 prototypes in existence for the moment, we have 3 of them and Bar-Sto has the other 2.

We, along with Bar-Sto will be shooting these barrels over the next few weeks in an effort to see how they hold up.

If all goes well, we should be releasing the Bar-Sto/Apex M&P barrel in around 6 months.

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

Scott @ Apex

If all goes well, we should be releasing the Bar-Sto/Apex M&P barrel in around 6 months.

Scott @ Apex

Thanks Scott. That helps me prioritize expenses.

Guess I can go ahead and get that new trigger for my AR and wait til next season / next year for this barrel.

• 1 month later...

The test barrels are being shot for durability and longevity now, we should have something like 50,000 rounds through them soon.

Scott @ Apex

You should send me one of yours and I will be glad to test it for you at NO CHARGE. Make it a 5".

The test barrels are being shot for durability and longevity now, we should have something like 50,000 rounds through them soon.

Scott @ Apex

Scott - do you and Randy have a waiting list for the drop in barrels?

No, we don't have a waiting list for the barrels. We don't have an exact release date yet so we're not setting up a waiting list. The best thing you can do is watch our Facebook and blog or sign up for the news letter.

Scott @ Apex

No, we don't have a waiting list for the barrels. We don't have an exact release date yet so we're not setting up a waiting list. The best thing you can do is watch our Facebook and blog or sign up for the news letter.

Scott @ Apex

10-4 Thanks Scott.

• 1 month later...

How is the protytype testing going? These can't be ready for sale soon enough. My frustration with the accuracy of my M&P Pro grows daily. I am still searching for a load that shoots better than 5 inches at 25yds. I can pick up a friends Glock or CZ Shadow and shoot it more accurately with my reloads than my M&P.

So these (will) be drop in barrels also? I already have a KKM drop in conversion barrel so I will probably just stick with it unless, they prove to be much better shooting barrels. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread just in case though! :cheers: