Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Delta

EVIL HUNTER

I am seeing that they have some nice prices on bulk bullets. Any red flags of using them or not using them or any place better deal wise. The ammo is just for target use.

Quite a few shooters use em.

Good bullets, unless you are shooting Open - they have exposed lead in the base.

They offer a 124gr JHP but it's not on their site (you have to call to order).

To OP> Precision Delta offers a great product and their service is top notch. Buy with confidence!

I have used Precision Delta bullets quite a bit for both 9mm and .40. They are a great value. I just started using their 124gr JHP in my open gun. I have shot a few thousand FMJ with the lead base exposed and my compensator is still pretty clean. You can order the 124gr JHP online. If they say they are out of stock online it usually only takes a few weeks for them to make more. I don't think i've ever waited more than 3 weeks to get my bullets after the order has been placed.

I got to say that the Precision Delta bullets were some of the best I ever tried. Here's what I learned....

• It's a minimum order of 2000 bullets so you have to be dang sure of the bullet you order. Not all bullets work well in all guns. Ask around at your club. Someone will give you a handful to help you try them.

• Place your orders BY PHONE. I placed a website order in June and waited patiently til September. When they didn't arrive I called. They said 'Oh you missed the September production. We'll be making those again in February.' On website orders you will not receive any communication about delivery. If you call they are most helpful and friendly bullet maker there is.

• If you'll kiss each bullet before seating, they'll all go into the A zone. Something about being from Mississippi.

;)

I found the .40's 180grs to be slower than Hornady. So check your chrono. For jaceted I would shop Precision Delta and Montanna Gold, When prices were jumping sometimes one would raise prioes before the other, so whoever had best deal on the day I was ordering got my order.

Nowadays, I do all my practice with cast lead and shoot moly at matches, Precision Delta at Majors.

They do have them on their site now, at $84 per 1000. Out of stock, of course! :(

That means MG's are even cheaper by a box. The rest is personal preference - I simply love the way the MG's shine...

Precision Delta's are good, but no where near as good as MG. I bought 2000 124 JHP just to try out, they were differently ok, but if you buy a case (or for that matter 3 cases) of MG, they're cheaper than the Delta's and a much better quality/consistent.

I run 124 Jhp PD out of my trubor and they are great.. I have found the 124 rn and 180 40 s&w rn to be pretty inconsistent in projectile length as of late though. the 124 jhp are 100% though love them.