Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22cal Open Guns

Bansheex

How many of you shoot a 22cal open gun? We shoot speed steel with ours. It's great practice and cheap to shoot. Here are pics of our Browning Buck Marks.

IMG_0610.jpg

The top one is mine, middle is my girlfriends, and the bottom is a spare.

We threaded the 7 1/2" barrels, and built the comps for all three. They work great!

3 friends and I have Marvel .22 kits on STI frames we use for Open training. .22s are set up as near identical to our open guns as possible. Usually the day before a match we shoot about 100 rds from our Open guns. Other than that, cheap training with the .22s.

I have the twin to the middle gun in your picture. I am currently playing with it, a Marvel conversion on a dedicated STI 2011 frame, a Marvel conversion on a dedicated Caspian SS frame, a Model 41 S&W with a Clark SSC barrel, and a Ruger Mk II. Last but not least a S$W 617 10 shot.

Edited by Jaxshooter

• 2 years later...

I shoot a modified Ruger Mark III, looking through a Fastfire II, and it is number I :roflol:

I would post a pic but, due to a recent hard drive replacement I haven't recovered all my stuff from back-up yet :angry2:

The local range holds 22 rimfire side matches every month, after the USPSA match. It is sooo much fun!

attachicon.gifIMG_0716.jpgI have a STI .22 conversion on my race gun that is flattopped so it fits under my Cmore .

What comp do you have on it?
Is something i made my self is more a barrel weight than a comp i made it to look a little like the comp on my 9 major topend ( trubore barrel with squared off and deeper cut comp holes like the thunder comp but without the side holes )

I added the comp more to make the 22 conversion the same length as my "normal" gun then to act as an actual comp .