Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 1 Pistol Championship

I'm happy to announce the 2011 Area 1 Pistol Championship will be held in Albany, OR this year from June 22-26. Staff will have June 22-23 to shoot, along with some competitors if they need to for scheduling reasons, or we fill up! Most competitors will shoot on one or two days, June 24-26. Mike McCarter has been working very hard on this match and the stages were just approved! They look great.

We will also be holding a Junior class for the second year. This year we've got some terrific instructors lined up to help out and teach the juniors. Keith Tyler, Bill Mayne, Bill Garland Jr and Bill Garland Sr. I've learned a lot from them over the years and I know they are great instructors. The class will be held on Friday, June 24, 2011 at Albany. We've held aside some spots for juniors and their parents to shoot on Sat/Sun. Contact the MD, Mike McCarter at nomikes@hotmail.com for more info on the class.

This match is filling up, please get your applications in as soon as possible.

http://uspsa1.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/29th-Annual-USPSA-Area-1-Championships1.pdf

Also keep an eye on www.uspsa1.org for more details about the match and our sponsors.

If you've already sent in your application and haven't received a confirmation, it's coming. Mike just wanted to finalize our food vendors and get a couple other tidbits of info ready before sending out some information. It is coming.

See you all there,

Chuck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

250 rounds if you dont miss.

12 stages + chrono.

Stages are approved, match is a level III approved.

I know Mikes working his butt off on the match, I will

see if he will let me release the stages from excel.

I am working on sketchup models of the stages.

Any information on this match yet? Not much on the website, and we are just over a month away?

+1 on this. Schedules would be nice so we can reserve hotel rooms for the right nights.

For that matter even an address for the range would help. I can't find anything but "Albany, OR" on the web site...

Thanks!

250 rounds if you dont miss.

12 stages + chrono.

Stages are approved, match is a level III approved.

I know Mikes working his butt off on the match, I will

see if he will let me release the stages from excel.

I am working on sketchup models of the stages.

thanks for the update

Has anybody heard anything yet?

+1 Would like to hear something. Don't even know if my application was received, let alone if I'll be able to shoot the days I asked for and squadding I requested.

The website has new information up now. Registered competitors should have received an e-mail as well.

I did not get the email, but a friend forwarded his to me and I see my name on the squadding list. Hopefully I will get an official email at some point :cheers: