Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered My New limited Pistol from SVI

RDunn

After talking to a few people on this site and talking to Brandon at SVI i went ahead and ordered an SVI. I ordered the gun for shooting USPSA limited and Steel Challenge.

Brandon sent me a pick of what it will look like when its finished. hopefully i should have it in another 4 months.

here is the pic he sent me. mine is alittle diffrent, the cuts will go all the way down the dust cover, i have a flat trigger, Skater grip terrain grips, and some other small diffrences. But it will be the same Bronze and black theme

USPSA .40 cal Limited

post-30435-058809900 1302564335_thumb.jp

Edited by RDunn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will have the new metal grip. that is was just a pic to show me what the gun would look like

here is the build order

Design Name: limited build

Template Name: Govt Pistol - Wide Body

Last Updated: 03/10/11

Front Slide Cut: Xcelerator Serrations

Guide Rod: Stainless Steel

Panel Cut: With SV Engraving

Radial Flute: None

Rear Lightening: No

Rear Slide Cut: Xcelerator Serrations

Slide Material: Carbon Steel

Slide Profile: Three Sided

Slide Racker / Lightening: No

Stirrup Cut: None

Top Rib: 40 lines per inch

Front Sight: Red Fiber Optic .100 wide x 1.5mm

Rear Sight: Infinity® Rear Sight Absolute Target Zero

AET Barrel Option: Non-AET

Barrel: Plain Barrel

Barrel Length: 5

Barrel Style: Non-Bushing Style (Cone/Bull Barrel)

Caliber: 40 S&W

Compensator: No Compensator

Trigger Base color: Black

Trigger Bow: Titanium

Trigger Insert Color: Black

Trigger Insert Style: Flat Medium

Triglide System: Yes

Grip Material: Carbon Steel - 4140

Grip Size (Competition Hicap Only): Signature Grip

Grip Surface: Infinity MicroPockets® Skater Terrain

Metal Grip Mag Catch: Infinity® Left Side Magazine Catch with button

Metal Grip Magwell: Magwell Steel - MicroPockets

Metal Grip Mainspring Housing: Aluminum Flat

Trigger Guard - New: Under Cut Trigger Guard

Trigger Guard Profile: Infinity Traditional Square (ITS)®

Hammer: Triple Xcelerated SV

Hammer Finish: Bronze Finish

Dust Cover: Standard (all)

Dust Cover Fluting: Xcelerator Flute 3 Cut

Frame Material: Carbon Steel

Frame Style: Competition (Wide body)

Grip Safety: Steel

ITI Rail cut: No Rail Cut

Slide Lock Pin: Steel - 4140

Strut: Titanium

Thumb Safety Material: Carbon Steel

Thumb Safety Style: Ambidextrous Wide

California/ Massachusetts Resident: No

Gun type: Government (5 inch)

IPSC Modified Division Infinity IMM Special®: No (typical)

Pistol Finish: Infinicoat Bronze

Edited by RDunn

I put one on order in December with the 10-12 month eta. I wish I had known (and wish Brandon would have mentioned it) about the pay up front option to shorten the turnaround time.

I think I'm going to have talk to Brandon about that... :angry2:

Welcome to the SV Family. You won't regret it. Your bank account will never be the same since Brandon will be able to feed your new obsession with the latest and greatest technical advantages. Just keep putting $$ aside to fund the new IMM, then a Single stack and finally a Steel Challange gun, then there is the personal defense options and then........you get the idea. You might want to get the lanyard option so that when all your friends and shooting buddy's try out the gun, you'll be assured that you get the gun back from them. And make them wear a bib, so the drool of envy doesn't drip on the finish.

Roy will lead you down a wayward path!

Just because of his stupid skulls grip, I had to send my SV Open gun to Brandon to upgrade my grip and get the skulls. My daughter loved the skulls and sent pictures of it to her friends.

I had an STI for a while (nice gun-not flaming here) sold it when I got my SV from Kodiak Precision. Then another SV Limited away on business gun, then another SV-went to the dark side. I am waiting on my SV Single Stack.

PJ,

I just speak truth. The product will sell itself......they just keep mulitplying in my safe. I am not sure what happened. Personally, I am blaming Taran Butler for all of my issues. If he, Rob Woods and Matt Lamph didn't take such pity on me back in '04 and make sure that my pistol, mags and rig were set up proper, I wouldn't have been exposed to the possibilities that SV makes possible. Back then I didn't know the big differences in the fit, finish and options available. I also didn't understand the benefits of joining the blue team where so many make the effort to help anyone in a blue shirt in any way they can. That's how we met and look at all the trouble we have caused since then. My new problem is that since Brandon and Sandy are making such a good product, they are taking away all the excuses for my poor shooting results. Brandon says that all the new guns come with optional GM mojo but it costs extra and I hadn't ordered it. Hmmmph. Go figure.

Bring the new Dark Side Blaster out to the Match in New Mexico so I can inspect the beast. I'll have mine out there so we can compare notes and complain about who Brandon likes best by the comparison of the guns. We'll probally have to settle that discussion over great food, good laughs and tall tales.

G-Man

Go back to work and stop terrorism or some type of ism...........

I am on hold now for 23 minutes with an insurance company while I type and surf away. What's your excuse? And are you back to caring or are you stalking me again since you kicked the crap out of me on Sunday at the match?