• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom ,,

Any chance you guys might make a Glock magwell out of tungsten or something heavier than steel? Even brass might be good and I know someone else does, but I was looking for something like 6-9 oz type of heavy.

Tom ,,

Any chance you guys might make a Glock magwell out of tungsten or something heavier than steel? Even brass might be good and I know someone else does, but I was looking for something like 6-9 oz type of heavy.

I can't even imagine what a tungsten magwell would cost. A guild rod is $60.00, magwell $250?

I dont remember what Beven Grams tungsten magwell cost. He makes a 6 oz and 9 oz. I have both for my STI's. I think they were around $200 or so. I know they're expensive, but they did make difference in the feel and recoil of the gun on my STI, I think quite a bit of difference.

I think it would make quite a difference in the Glock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having a problem. I removed a JP alum magwell from my Glock 35 and put on a Novak stainless steel. It would slip off the front strap when I tightened the screws, resulting in not being able to seat a mag (with any basepad). In other words, it would not catch on the front strap. I removed it and put the JP back on, and now the JP won't hang on the front strap, either, resulting in the same problem. It seems like the bottom of the front strap may be bent in. After studying the Glock front strap, I'm surprised any mag well will stay on. Any suggestions?

I am having a problem.  I removed a JP alum magwell from my Glock 35 and put on a Novak stainless steel.  It would slip off the front strap when I tightened the screws, resulting in not being able to seat a mag (with any basepad).  In other words, it would not catch on the front strap.  I removed it and put the JP back on, and now the JP won't hang on the front strap, either, resulting in the same problem.  It seems like the bottom of the front strap may be bent in.  After studying the Glock front strap, I'm surprised any mag well will stay on.  Any suggestions?

The NHO magwell I have which was from the latest production run doesn't actually hang on the front of the grip either. But it just wiggles a mite, stock and Taylor Freelance extended mags work fine. Has the backstrap of your Glock split when the screw secures the plug?

No, no split in the back. If I push the magwell up on to the front strap, the mags fit, but if it just hangs, none of my mags with base pads work -Grams, Dawson and Arrendondo. However, the mag well will not stay pushed up. I was thinking it was supposed to catch.

SMSI,

I'm having the same problem with my "THE" magwell. Had the same problem with another magwell, too. (don't remember the brand) The frontstrap just won't hold the magwell up tight against the gripframe. This causes all sorts of problems. Even causes malfuntions because the mag isn't being held at the right angle for proper feeding. I had to cut down the tops of my Aredondo basepads, and that helps, but the magwell still won't stay up on the grip frame under recoil, or pressure from my hands.

I wish there was a way to secure the front of the magwell to the frontstrap. Acraglas? JB Weld? A very shallow screw? The bottom of my almost new G-34's grip frame is all marked and shredded. :angry: WTF!!!??? I've had it. They are all a POS, and unnecessary to boot. Mine is permanantly removed, period. Same with all the other aftermarket CRAP that keeps my gun from working. If I spent half as much time and money reloading, practicing, and shooting as I did fiddle-effing with my gun and spending money on gadgets, I'd probably be able to shoot by now!

Sorry, rant over. Anybody want to buy some aftermarket Glock CRAP!!?? :(

Larry

As far as it slipping off the front strap I have experienced that problem with various Glock magwells that I have owned. The solution that I used was to insert into the backstrap the brass plug with the magwell loosely attached and then tighten till it longer slips. In a nutshell after inserting the loosely attached plug and magwell first tighten the bottom screw and then the lanyard screw.

Regarding the basepads I currently use Arredondo (FML) and Taylor Freelance (FML, NFML) and I have experienced no problems with either THE accessories Brass magwell or the NHO Stainless magwell. This has been with Gen 2 and Gen 3 frames.

Thanks for the tip, but it does not work for me. When I tighten the bottom screw it pulls the back of the magwell up and the front of the magwell down. Then none of the base pads work. I am thinking of steepening the angle of the brass plug so it will angle the front of the magwell up as it is tightened. Anybody try this before? I hate to invent the wheel and probably ruin a plug.

I had Beven on the phone a year or two ago (ordering some mag extensions for the G20). I asked about the tungsten magwell for the Glocks. He didn't think there was enough demand.

You guys want them, better make some noise with him.