Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Hornady Area 3 Championship

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed the Sunday squads are listed as both AM and PM.

Is there actually a difference in those squads Sunday Start Timea?

Yes. Look at the time matrix attached to post #29 above for details.

Just curious, might not check out of the Hotel until after I'm finished on the Sun AM squad then.

Would be time for a shower after the match then, that would be nice.

Edited by pskys2

Hows the motels around there. I know where i live they just put summer prices up hotels that were $50 are now $120

We have secured a discount rate for competitors. Please view the information on our website at www.uspsa3.org

Hows the motels around there. I know where i live they just put summer prices up hotels that were $50 are now $120

We have secured a discount rate for competitors. Please view the information on our website at www.uspsa3.org

the only one i see on the website is holiday inn and it is sold out for the dates of the match any more?

the only one i see on the website is holiday inn and it is sold out for the dates of the match any more?

I will put up a list tomorrow morning. They are not the match hotel however, I am sure you can get a decent room with a decent rate.

Here are some additional hotels in the area. I do not know their rates nor their offerings.

Howard John (last years match hotel)

Roadway Inn

Quality Inn

Best Western

Fairfield Inn

these are all a short driving distance to the range.

Matt, you are doing a great job... keep up the good work! I am looking forward to ROing and shooting this match! Let's pray for cooler weather than in the past.

Thanks Dan but all I do is the leftover scrap stuff. Sherwyn, Chris and Nancy are doing all the real stuff~! :)

Cooler weather would be nice. Dang hot around that part of the country in August.......

Will we be able to check out stages on Friday, and if so, how late will the range be open? Till dusk?

Darren

Yes. The staff and some competitors will be shooting on Friday but the stages are available for legal review until the range master closes the range.

When/where are registration times? I am shooting all day Friday, will be there late afternoon Thurs to check out the stages. Any way to register Thurs eve, or what time where in Friday AM?

Good question. We are just finishing the registration hours. Thursday to Friday was an issue. Details hopefully tomorrow.

Ok,

Here are the official hours of registration which will be available on the lower level of the clubhouse at the range.

Thursday = 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Friday = 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM

Saturday = 6:30 AM - 1:00 PM

Remember, there are 14 stages AND this is the Largest attended Area 3 Match since 1993!

Plan ahead!

I'll be attending. Arriving Friday afternoon/evening. Shoot all day Saturday. Leave Sunday.

My first major competition shooting Open division. :goof:

3D,

Looks like your squad has the potential to be rather "loud".

Good luck, you picked a very good match in which to start your "major" match experience.

I'll be attending. Arriving Friday afternoon/evening. Shoot all day Saturday. Leave Sunday.

My first major competition shooting Open division. :goof:

3D,

Looks like your squad has the potential to be rather "loud".

Good luck, you picked a very good match in which to start your "major" match experience.

It's gonna be a LONG day! Lots of 32rnd field courses. :surprise:

I'm shooting a Glock .40 S&W open gun, and when I saw the round count on the stages I had to go out and buy some more "Big Stick" basepads for my mags. One wasn't going to cut it.

At least with so many 32rnd stages, I'm not going to be at a HUGE disadvantage vs. those shooting Major 9 or .38 Super. Everyone is going to need to reload. :roflol:

Edited by Parallax3D