Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Shadow production holster

Spin Control

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run the BladeTech minus the DOH hanger, which I guess just makes it a BT StingRay.

Thing that really turned me off about the PDR is the "overhang" of material along the bottom (rear as holstered) of the trigger guard. I like holster that allows the middle finger of the strong hand to ride up under the length of the trigger guard when holstered.

The new Double Alpha PDR holster. Great design, suede lining.

I use the same thing and really like it but in the beginning found that my gun would stick coming out at the start of the stage. Someone suggested that I get some silcon spray which I did, worked into the leather and did again. Works great now through a complete season.

In Canada, we shoot under IPSC rules, and I have the Bladetech which I used last season, a Ghost and CR Speed and I think I will be going back to the DOH. I am no faster with the race holsters, and the retention of the DOH removes any worry of the gun coming out inadvertently. Fit and quality is excellent, I would recommend it to anyone.

This new holster from Blade-tech would be cool, except it's only legal for IPSC Production, not USPSA Production.

In Canada, we shoot under IPSC rules, and I have the Bladetech which I used last season, a Ghost and CR Speed and I think I will be going back to the DOH. I am no faster with the race holsters, and the retention of the DOH removes any worry of the gun coming out inadvertently. Fit and quality is excellent, I would recommend it to anyone.

Are you saying the Bladetech DOH is not USPSA production legal?

Also, how big of a deal is the suede lining in the Double Alpha holster? I like the idea of something that doesn't mark up the finish on the firearm. I actually emailed Bladetech today to ask if anything "softer" was available for the DOH and I got a reply that no, it isn't, and in fact the regular material is very soft and won't do any damage to the gun what so ever.

Edited by heckofagator

No, no -- I apologize. I forgot to include the link to the new speed DOH holster from Bladetech. The regular/BlackIce Bladetech holsters are USPSA production legal, but not the new speed holster.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Speed-Rig-D-OS-Holster-pr-1314.html

Also, how big of a deal is the suede lining in the Double Alpha holster? I like the idea of something that doesn't mark up the finish on the firearm. I actually emailed Bladetech today to ask if anything "softer" was available for the DOH and I got a reply that no, it isn't, and in fact the regular material is very soft and won't do any damage to the gun what so ever.

Regarding marking, I do have a holster wear mark on the front LH corner of the dust cover (referenced when looking at the rear of the slide) on my Shadow. Finish is worn down right to bare metal. Anyone else have the same issue using a Bladetech DOH?

Regarding marking, I do have a holster wear mark on the front LH corner of the dust cover (referenced when looking at the rear of the slide) on my Shadow. Finish is worn down right to bare metal. Anyone else have the same issue using a Bladetech DOH?

I do have wear marks on the lower corners of both sides of the dust cover, just above the rail. Pretty minor on my gun, though.

Frankly, I don't know why people get so worked up over holster wear on any kind of hard-use gun, such as our competition rigs. I spent all of this money to run it hard and fast - in doing so, things are going to get worn, dirty, and so forth. Who cares?

Frankly, I don't know why people get so worked up over holster wear on any kind of hard-use gun, such as our competition rigs. I spent all of this money to run it hard and fast - in doing so, things are going to get worn, dirty, and so forth. Who cares?

+1. mine is beat to hell. do you see nascar racers crying when they get tire rub marks on their fenders?