Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pre-Travel Adjustment on Glock 34

jrbet83

I put a Ghost Rocket kit in both my G34 and G24 and love them. http://www.ghostinc.com/category/35_rocket/

The Ghost Rocket takes care of the post travel (overtravel - that's the word...Thanks Kevin...I could remember what that term was when I first posted). it is a trigger stop.

Edited by racerba

So what makes them illegal in production? Can you see something from the exterior or is it the fact that the trigger doesn't return to it's factory position and they're considering that changing the exterior appearance?

The tab on the trigger safety has to be cut (or ground) off for any significant reduction in pre-travel. Since the tab is visible from the exterior, that is not legal in Production.

You can remove a tiny bit of pre-travel on a production gun using a Vanek custom trigger housing like the ones here: http://www.vanekcustom.com/4.html but just like Mark said above, you can't take much out without having to cut a notch into the trigger safety to make it engage. FWIW I have one on my limited G35 and production G34 and I wouldn't spend the money again on a production gun. You might get 1-3mm of play out of the trigger, but it's nothing significant.

• 3 weeks later...

GlockWORX sell a "production leagal" competition trigger. It has an internal modification to the triger bar which reduces pre travel. I have one in my G34. There is still some pre travel but it is much reduced. All in all, works pretty nicely.

I'm looking souly for Pre-Travel adjustment. I'm be using a set screw for Post-Travel, so that's not important.

A 4-40 set screw in front of the trigger bar will do it.

post-2055-012763000 1303749515_thumb.jpg

I'm looking souly for Pre-Travel adjustment. I'm be using a set screw for Post-Travel, so that's not important.

A 4-40 set screw in front of the trigger bar will do it.

The problem with that is keeping the trigger safety functional without modifying it. I added a setscrew to the front of the connector housing. It worked in a very similar fashion but, I had to remove material from the trigger safety to get it to drop down. In the end I bought a new trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 removing the pretravel internally is easy. Having the trigger safety work without any external change is the problem. To remove the pretravel, you have to make external mods which arnt production legal

You can remove all the pretravel without cutting the trigger. What you have to do is move the trigger break point, not just install a set screw to limit the travel. I just did my sons G34 today and it has only .180 trigger travel very short and no pretravel and .015 post travel. It did take six triggers to get it right and nine hours in the shop to make the tooling and fixtures. Now it takes about an hour to make one. He will run 300 rounds and a IDPA SSP match this weekend so it has to be right.

Jerry

+1 removing the pretravel internally is easy. Having the trigger safety work without any external change is the problem. To remove the pretravel, you have to make external mods which arnt production legal

You can remove all the pretravel without cutting the trigger. What you have to do is move the trigger break point, not just install a set screw to limit the travel. I just did my sons G34 today and it has only .180 trigger travel very short and no pretravel and .015 post travel. It did take six triggers to get it right and nine hours in the shop to make the tooling and fixtures. Now it takes about an hour to make one. He will run 300 rounds and a IDPA SSP match this weekend so it has to be right.

Jerry

So, how'd you do it?

GlockWORX sell a "production leagal" competition trigger. It has an internal modification to the triger bar which reduces pre travel. I have one in my G34. There is still some pre travel but it is much reduced. All in all, works pretty nicely.

I just got this one in and and very happy with the results.

Yeah so how'd you do it Jerry! Please share some knowledge!

The weekend is over and 400 rounds down the pipe and the trigger worked great.

Now to your question, All the work was done on the trigger bar only. My way of doing it was to remove the plastic trigger from the metal bar (the hardest part for me) and then put the bar in the purge chamber and fire up the square wave Tig and add material to make the bar longer, Next surface grind to size, bore and radius on the mill, Shoot peen and trip down the street to heat treat the one thing I can't do. Last the standard polish and reinstall the trigger shoe. I wonder if hard chrome or some other DLC coating on it will improve it's performance.

This week I will make one more and try it in my gun (it has a Edge by Glocktriggers.com in it right now) and then switch them to see if any timing problems show up. It's very little travel to get the trigger safety off and then the drop and plunger safety and then let the striker go.

I will update when more testing is done.

Jerry

Now to your question, All the work was done on the trigger bar only. My way of doing it was to remove the plastic trigger from the metal bar (the hardest part for me) and then put the bar in the purge chamber and fire up the square wave Tig and add material to make the bar longer, Next surface grind to size, bore and radius on the mill, Shoot peen and trip down the street to heat treat the one thing I can't do. Last the standard polish and reinstall the trigger shoe. I wonder if hard chrome or some other DLC coating on it will improve it's performance.

This week I will make one more and try it in my gun (it has a Edge by Glocktriggers.com in it right now) and then switch them to see if any timing problems show up. It's very little travel to get the trigger safety off and then the drop and plunger safety and then let the striker go.

Jerry

Oh, Is that all? :roflol:

Yea it's a little more then just bust out the Dremel and grind some on it. I reworked the stock part to be legal for SSP. I wonder if I just made a new bar if that's legal for SSP. I have cnc press brakes and punches in my shop.

Jerry

I want one!