Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

So who do I email or call about changing squads? I'm stuck shooting with that Kurt "Iron Sight" Miller and I don't want his icky irons to get all over my beautiful open guns. Just kidding Kurt. But I am traveling with another guys 17 year old kid that they put on a different squad and I'm guessing someone is going to want me to keep an eye on him. Although it would be nice to drop his wise ass off with someone else for the weekend.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for current/actual rules for next week's match.

In Heavy Metal, can you use 10 round tube on shotgun (load as many as you want after the start)? Pistol is 8 or 10 rounds - can we use bigger mag and load it to class limit?

thanks

So who do I email or call about changing squads? I'm stuck shooting with that Kurt "Iron Sight" Miller and I don't want his icky irons to get all over my beautiful open guns. Just kidding Kurt. But I am traveling with another guys 17 year old kid that they put on a different squad and I'm guessing someone is going to want me to keep an eye on him. Although it would be nice to drop his wise ass off with someone else for the weekend.

You could try emailing Ken Flood. We had some squadding issues last year, and he straightened them out.

Just in case someone doesn't know, Hwy 124 is closed west of Harrisburg for a bridge replacement. If you're coming from Columbia you will have to take Hwy 240 into Fayette, then Hwy 124 to Hwy H. Hope that doesn't confuse anyone!

Just in case someone doesn't know, Hwy 124 is closed west of Harrisburg for a bridge replacement. If you're coming from Columbia you will have to take Hwy 240 into Fayette, then Hwy 124 to Hwy H. Hope that doesn't confuse anyone!

Can someone mspaint up a map to show where this is? I typically just follow the GPS and the roads it says to turn onto rarely match the sign, consequently I don't know if this is on my route or not..

GPS coordinates and/or an address that works with most GPS units would be wonderful if anyone has that info.

39.209845,-92.591743 for the entrance to CMMG, assuming Google maps, Bing maps AND Yahoo all have it right.

Actually, if you type CMMG into any of the map sites, they all seem to find it correctly. If you use the full address, [620B County Rd 118, Fayette, MO 65248] you end up off by a half mile or so, but on the right road:

Google error, Cmmg at B NOT A

the official maps are here

MoDOT PDF detailing construction location

Edited by barrysuperhawk

I have a question. 1st Big match and I was wondering. If there a sight in stage or anything before the match? If not, for the semi-local guys,is there a range with at least 200yrds around say an hour or so? Me and another guy sighted in @200 but our 3rd guy cant seem to find a time/place to sight in and we leave Weds. Thanks.

Kelly i was not trying to say that you won because of Kurt bending his sight, merely that due to it, it gave him a distinct hurdle to overcome right out of the box.

btw, you missed a good pig outing this weekend, go to RNT on facebook.

trapr

I'm not competing this time, just coming out to watch. Am I going to miss anything coming out Sunday morning instead of Saturday?

Probably some of the heavier rain. ;)

Craig

I'm not competing this time, just coming out to watch. Am I going to miss anything coming out Sunday morning instead of Saturday?

Probably some of the heavier rain. ;)

Craig

No No - bad Kharma

Been watching the weather the past few days and its matched Michigan here with this Sunny and Hot into Gloomy and wet crap lol Fingers cross for a strong wind to blow the crap out and sun in :)

This is what I'm packing for the match:

http://midwest3gun.com/rules.htm

Ineresting set of rules :sick:

I don't see a link on their homepage...but they do say they are the 2011 rules.

They also contradict some of the email updates...ie; safe abandonment and 1x in iron divisions.

And I could not find a shotgun caliber requirement in any division, so looks like a 410 shotgun is legal, including Heavy Metal division (as long as its a pump).

amazing...

:roflol:

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

This is what I'm packing for the match:

http://midwest3gun.com/rules.htm

Ineresting set of rules :sick:

I don't see a link on their homepage...but they do say they are the 2011 rules.

They also contradict some of the email updates...ie; safe abandonment and 1x in iron divisions.

And I could not find a shotgun caliber requirement in any division, so looks like a 410 shotgun is legal, including Heavy Metal division (as long as its a pump).

amazing...

:roflol:

jj

I think that's the webmaster's goof, if you notice, the link to the schedule still points to the squad list. Oh, well, it's not like I come to this match because it's all well-organized and pretty. :surprise: Mud? What Mud?

Thu May 19

Mostly Cloudy

72°-58°

10% chance of rain

Fri May 20

T-Showers

77°-63°

40% chance of rain

Sat May 21

Scattered T-Storms

78°-61°

60% chance of rain

Sun May 22

Scattered T-Storms

78°-61°

30% chance of rain

Edited by barrysuperhawk

Other than packing a rain coat what does everybody do different to get ready for a match in the rain? Different gear? Setting up gun different?

Full rubber Mud boots are likely to be a lifesaver.

A good hat.

Lots of oil - Rem-oil or something else in a spray, and an oily rag for wiping.

Extra batteries and canned air if you have an electronic optic]

Waterproof bags/boxes for any electronice [phones, cameras, etc.]

A waterproof bag big enough to cover your entire range bag in case of downpour...

Extra Socks

In my experience, Shotgun shells are the least water resistant of the ammo we use, so a plan to keep them dry can't hurt.

If you are sensitive about mud in your vehicle, then spare shoes/socks, a bag for the mud stuff and some washing water might be helpful, washing your feet in cooler water is exhilirating!