Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 2 - Episode 7

The trick shot episode from last season was pretty cool. I expect this one to be even better!

I agree, I thought last year with the pounding in a nail was something I had to try. I still haven't because they said "don't try this at home."... But it might be something to do.

Shooting upside down will be interesting. I know that after about 10 seconds, it gets very uncomfortable being upside down, and to line up the "perfect shot" might take a second or 2. I'm looking for Jamie to excel, the navy diver, as being upside down and underwater with the pressure (physical pressure, not emotional pressure) being more "normal" for him.

Saw shooters strapped in a harness shooting down a zipline too, is that going to be in this one too? Guess we'll find out!

Maybe Jay should have offered, but he has performed very well overall. I would guess at this point there's a lot of personal strategy going on, and I'm sure there's a lot we'll never see. They're probably thinking who they can remove as well as who they want to avoid in the eliminations. I still enjoy it enough to follow it till the end.

Just for giggles and grins, we used to shoot pistols upside down, using the pinky finger to pull the trigger. Needless to say they were the guns we were used to and we were satnding up right. Not quite as hard as what the Top shot contestents had to do. It did not seem that Ashley nor Kyle hit the last bottle. At least it did not break, just fell off the table. No harm no foul as Ashly did hit more than Kyle. 22 riles next week. :cheers: Later rdd

A few thoughts:

1) I'm not up on my metric measurements, George said he missed the axe head by a "milli-hair." Can anyone translate for me?

2) Looked like a good setup for the team and elim challenges. The reason I don't think Jay jumped up was that he did miss, but he had arguably the hardest shot of all 4 stations.

3) Why use Taran for this training? I agree. For those unfamiliar with him, there are some videos found here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=124683 shooting from the hip or speed, I can understand, but upside down? Maybe he's just THAT good?

I heard Georges sigh of relief clear out here in Ohio when red team won. Like to see how he'd do in a heads up challenge where he has to put up or shut up.

I haven't figured out how to get the video to stop being on each post. I think Flex may have added it but didn't think it used to be there. Sorry I'll try to get it off as soon as I can.

Next week looks fun.

Topstrap

Edited by Topstrap1

It did not seem that Ashley nor Kyle hit the last bottle. At least it did not break, just fell off the table. No harm no foul as Ashly did hit more than Kyle.

Yep, I believe you are right. Pretty sure on Ashley's last shot there's a hole in the board right under the bottle that wasn't there before his last shot. I think Kyle hit the board with his last shot also. As it turned out, it didn't matter, but they didn't have that particular challenge fully debugged, did they?

Had a chance to visit with my buddy Joe Serafini for his viewing party in Bourbonnais, IL

BBW had about 250+ people there to see him. It was great to see all the kids that he is inspiring!

We met on the plane going to the audition in LA and hung out a lot at the bars on Hermosa Beach.

Compared our notes on the flight back where he thought that he didn't have a chance making the show.

Good for Joe..the show is opening doors for him.

post-26991-082604200 1300859477_thumb.jp

The show forgot to bleep out what George said to Darryl after Darryl's run lol.

I missed it, what did he say? If it's the "S" word, my basic understanding is you can say that once or twice in a show after 10pm, and viewer discretion is advised for this show...nothing jumped out at me so probably the same for the censors..

The show forgot to bleep out what George said to Darryl after Darryl's run lol.

I missed it, what did he say? If it's the "S" word, my basic understanding is you can say that once or twice in a show after 10pm, and viewer discretion is advised for this show...nothing jumped out at me so probably the same for the censors..

He looked at Darryl after he split the bullet on the axe blade and said "Nice shot, douchebag".

I caught that from George as well. It seems like there is a lot more bleeps on this season compared to last :mellow:

As for this episode, i liked it. Some interesting challenges for sure, especially the elimination.

I caught that from George as well. It seems like there is a lot more bleeps on this season compared to last :mellow:

As for this episode, i liked it. Some interesting challenges for sure, especially the elimination.

The bleeps are typically "fake". It helps to ramp up the "reality".