Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Failure to tape is an FTDR?

GForceLizard

"Failure to tape is an FTDR"

I guess they have some problems with taping at the matches they attended. I don't mind taping. But this feels hostile, not a gentle reminder that everyone should help tape.

"Make sure that the score sheet and stickers are correct for the stage you are shooting. Incorrect sticker placements will result in 1 PE per stage/Sticker mistake."

I'm not a fan of threats. Can they really give a procedural?

The link

http://gunlovingjohn.com/fwwp.htm

I like the fact that this match will support the Wounded Warrior Project, but I'm not a fan of all of the made up rules. I am assuming that this a "major match". Therefore, I wonder what the AC would have to say about all of these stipulations?

My guess is that the match being in IL has something to do with not wearing the gun to lunch. I also don't have a huge problem with the taping FTDR, it is unsportsmanlike to sit on your butt all day while your squad mates reset all the stages.

The PE for the score sheet seems excessive, and a DQ for airgunning does also.

"THIS IS A TAPE ONLY MATCH!

DO NOT USE PASTERS ON ANY TARGETS!"

???? Aren't pasters just precut squares of tape?

Some ranges don't like them since the backing doesn't always find a trash can and ends up blowing all over the place.

I like the fact that this match will support the Wounded Warrior Project, but I'm not a fan of all of the made up rules. I am assuming that this a "major match". Therefore, I wonder what the AC would have to say about all of these stipulations?

I too like that they are "supporting" the Wounded Warrior Project, but if people don't see the distinction between the two matches, they might be confused and associate one with the other. With this kind of thinking possible, it might be better for this match to NOT be associated with WWP.

Sounds like IDPA headquarters should be contacted about this. The type of behaviors being talked about do not support growth for the sport and reflects poorly on a great organization/game. I am a believer that people should help past, pick up brass, and clean up after matches, but to penalize people for not doing such seems a little out there. I don't believe I would paticipate at such a club or match. Bummer.

If you work a score shack at a major match that relies on barcode labels, you'll have an idea of how badly one single maroon can screw up the work flow... because scores get entered and the error usually isn't detected until an error-checking process later.

I first encountered the procedural-for-wrong-scoresheet-label penalty announced at the 2006 Texas state match.

And at my suggestion (please hold your applause until the end), it was in the match book for IDPA Nationals for the first time in 2010 (part of page 45 is reproduced below).

People whine when matches don't run efficiently.

They whine when scores aren't fast and accurate.

They whine that IDPA rules aren't specific enough.

But they whine when anybody tries to set house rules for a match or for a sport.

procedural.png

he is the AC

If you work a score shack at a major match that relies on barcode labels, you'll have an idea of how badly one single maroon can screw up the work flow... because scores get entered and the error usually isn't detected until an error-checking process later.

I first encountered the procedural-for-wrong-scoresheet-label penalty announced at the 2006 Texas state match.

And at my suggestion (please hold your applause until the end), it was in the match book for IDPA Nationals for the first time in 2010 (part of page 45 is reproduced below).

People whine when matches don't run efficiently.

They whine when scores aren't fast and accurate.

They whine that IDPA rules aren't specific enough.

But they whine when anybody tries to set house rules for a match or for a sport.

procedural.png

A PE is one thing, 20 sec for a FTDR is another. I was understanding it to be a FTDR. Maybe I was wrong.

Edited by whatsupglock

I think its bad that there has to be rules like that in the first place. But it always happens, couple guys airgunning(even at nationals), the snotty brat who thinks they dont have to paste. Its a pain for the rest of the squad and even SOs who are pasting and working hard.

Ive seen the pasting penalty posted many times, but no one thats ever had the guts to enforce/apply it.

"THIS IS A TAPE ONLY MATCH!

DO NOT USE PASTERS ON ANY TARGETS!"

???? Aren't pasters just precut squares of tape?

I don't know their exact reasons but besides the trash with pasters and that they don't seem to stay on as well, I have seen something that a few competitors/cheaters have been doing as of late. They will have their buddies go put a different color or significantly different paster where they want their buddy to aim. They will put the paster where there is no previous hole. It is so sad that they will stoop to anything to try to get an edge. It's also sad that someone doesn't already know where to shoot at and have such a lack in confidence and skill to feel the need for this.

Failure to tape will be an FTDR if it is failure at stage after stage... As it was at the first Tulsa Nationals and yes it was assessed and stuck . Failure to tape is UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT. It is not going to be a problem, and the warning should only be offensive to those that have never worked a match and are not good at applying tape. But if there is no warning then....

And as to why tape only. Two reasons. Tape sticks better regardless of weather. And While litter is not a problem at any IDPA match I have attended or worked, The Wind is always blowing at this range. I don't want to have any Shooters or SO's energy spent on chasing paster offal.

The reason the Firearms will be removed at the range for lunch is because the shooters that choose to go to lunch will be going into a restaurant that is located on the premises. If they do not want to go to the restaurant, then they can bring lunch.

Sticker penalty is to provide stat shack with the proper tools they need to do their job right.

I expect the match to run smoothly.

Yes, The match is in Sparta, ILLINOIS. It is a good range and It is for a good Cause.

Bring and wear your BIG BOY AND BIG GIRL PANTS be ready for fun. .

Y

Airgunning is not allowed . Period.

JOHN ABBOTT

ILLINOIS AC IDPA

MATCH DIRECTOR FRIENDS OF WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT GATEWAY CLASSIC 4 YEARS

SPARTA MD

I