Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wow I just had no idea. The coupe looks like it might be worth a test drive when I get back next month.

If you are interested in the Genesis coupe, be sure to also look at the Mustang V6's. The trunk on the Ford is a tad better.

Yeah and can get a rag top for about the same price as the coupe. But the interior of the couple looked much nicer, in the pix anyway.

40k?!?! I had an 87 Excel that I paid 4K brand new.

Hyundai has come a *long* way since the crappy Excels of the 80s. IIRC, they got serious about quality about the time they started putting 10 year warranties on their cars.

They depreciate like a rock. I'd buy a 2-3 year old genesis but expect to still fall like a rock!

Which may not matter if you're on a 10-15 year vehicle cycle.....

....although it could bite if you wind up in an accident a couple of years in....

We bought Carol a Sonata in early '06. Affordable, comfortable, quick, and so far trouble free. Of course five years in, there's only 25,000 miles on the odometer....

Just checked Edmunds: Trade-in for the Sonata is $600 more than for the comparably equipped Impala we were also considering, oddly enough buying one used as described the Hyundai is $500 cheaper than the Impala. Back then we saved several thousand on the Sonata after negotiating best deals on both....

If I remember correctly in a head to head comparision both car/driver and road/track picked the V6 Genesis over the Mustang

Maybe Motor Trend? MT retested the same four cars with automatics and they ranked the Mustang better.

If you value performance the Genesis (of the V6 pony cars) is probably the one to get.

The Genesis sedan is a very nice vehicle. When Hyundai introduced them to the U.S. market they radically discounted the price versus the rest of the world. They supposedly sell for the equivalent of 80 - 90K in the rest of the world. It would have been difficult for buyers in the U.S. to take them serious at that price.

Hyundai is following a proven business model, Honda and Toyota started selling inexpensive, economic vehicles back in the 70'sand gradually turned into the autotmotive giants they are today.

Wife had a Tiburon a few years back, street legal go kart, 130mph handled like a champ...or so I heard :ph34r:

You should get behind the wheel of a MINI Cooper & compare ;)

I looked at them at the auto show, the new larger one, they are pretty neat cars, I also checked out the new Nissan Juke.

I had a little trouble fitting in it. I should have never tried the back seat, we thought for a minute that they were going to have to shut down the display and cut me out

Wife had a Tiburon a few years back, street legal go kart, 130mph handled like a champ...or so I heard :ph34r:

You should get behind the wheel of a MINI Cooper & compare ;)

Both of y'all should try a 90-04 Mazda Miata!