Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Karate Chop Hilarity

benos

Funny! :D

While it is possible he is faking, the fact that his legs are stiff when he hits the floor makes me think he is not faking. There are multiple blood vessels and nerve ganglia in that region of the neck. If you hit them all at once, even if you don't get knocked out you will be pretty woozy for a bit.

The way the guy on the right was laughing, I think the guy on the left took a dive and was playing possum.

Take a close look at him in slow mo. It would be tough to fake the level of rubberness he went into - especially as his neck crumples as his head bounces off the wall.

The way the guy on the right was laughing, I think the guy on the left took a dive and was playing possum.

If a friend of mine dared me to knock him out and I did, I would probably laugh too. I have heard the pressure point he hit called the brachial plexus origin in some training. I have been slapped there in training and have caught a forearm there in training and it feels like running into an electric fence. There is another video on the net out there somewhere of a guy leaving LE training where they had just practiced a strike to that spot and he intervenes in a domestic and drops a guy with it. The guy gets around and stumbles around punch drunk.

Not politically correct alert!!!!!!

I was taught that a backhand to the carotid artery will take a person down real quick. Apparently raises the BP to the brain and in an instant causes a severe drop. The San Francisco Police reportedly referred to this move as the Fairy Flip. the actual strike was more of a slap with the back of the fingers of the hand onto the side of the neck. Never had to actually do it, but reportedly very effective.

Hey, BB! The first time I saw Diamond Dave, I could have sworn he was a good 'ol boy from the "Bootheel". :rolleyes:

He may not be from here, but I'm pretty sure he has plenty of cousins in the area.